Weber water pan

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I'm preparing to make my first brisket on the weber smoker. I'm confused on how much water I use in the water pan? Assuming I fill it at the beginning of the cooking process, do I then fill it as it gets lower? I have two 4lbs briskets and plan on it taking 6-7 hours. Any other suggestions would be much apprecitated.

Diane,

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your new WSM as much as I like mine.

Fill the pan with about a gallon of water. If you're using the Minion Method (see elsewhere on this site) that should last 6-8 hours. Replenish as needed. I just did a pork but which cooked for 18 hours. I started with a gallon and added 2 quarts of water during the process. No big deal.

It helps in the cleanup to foil the pan first. You'll need the extra-wide foil. Do the bottom first and then line the water side. If you do in the opposite order you might wick water out of the pan and have a mess on your hands. This, too, is described somewhere around here.

Last of all, some recommend the use of sand instead of water. I have not tried this yet, but there's no reason it shouldn't work.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back