Weber Summit Silver?

Chris-IL

TVWBB Fan
Hi Experts -

As some of you may know, I have a perfectly fine Genesis Silver B. Needs a cleaning which is on my to-do list this weekend. I just bought the $37 7mm Stainless grates too that I will install at that time

Opinions on a Summit Silver? Like this (this is just a representative picture). If I picked up one off Craigslist what does it get me? 4 burners plus side burner I guess, and N/S burners vs E/W? Are these good grills that will "last forever" or would I be dumb to give up my bulletproof Silver B, out of the frying pan and into the fire so to speak?

74101803_IMG6233.jpg

To be blunt, it would be dumb to give up the Silver B for these Summits. THe cook boxes rot out in them making them dangerous and useless. Parts are scarce if non-existent to fix them.

To be blunt, it would be dumb to give up the Silver B for these Summits. THe cook boxes rot out in them making them dangerous and useless. Parts are scarce if non-existent to fix them.

THAT is why I asked you experts! Thanks! I saw one for what seemed to be a cheap price but I don't know jack about all the various Webers so I came to the source! Thanks for helping me dodge a bullet

No problem. I am sure others here would provide similar advice. Just fix up the Silver B.

Another option would be to look for a used later model 4 burner Genesis. Although, a rehabbed Silver would probably outlast it.

No problem. I am sure others here would provide similar advice. Just fix up the Silver B.

Another option would be to look for a used later model 4 burner Genesis. Although, a rehabbed Silver would probably outlast it.

I don't know why I keep getting tempted to get the "newer, bigger, shinier" grill when the Silver B works just fine for my needs. Honestly I grill once or twice a week in the summer, less than that in the off seasons, and most often for a family of 4 so we are talking 4 or 5 chicken breasts or 5 - 6 burgers etc. (I know some of you guys appear to grill like 5 times every day with multiple grills haha!) More than enough grill real estate for my modest needs. I guess I always just turn my head when I see something younger and shinier haha

Good Chris. Resist the Weberitis. There are a lot of people here infected with it. Get enough Webers to do what you need and then add one more for good measure. Then call it quits.

That being said, I will finishing up a rehab on a Summit S470 in the not too distant future. Chicago is not that far from me......In fact, I delivered a grill down there two weeks ago.

Give the Silver B that good cleaning, shine up the lid and control panel and fall in love with it all over again. I was all ready to dump my old Weber gas grill until I went to go look at the new ones. It was an easy decision to make my old one nice again and keep it. There is a huge difference in build quality between old and new plus the price of them just isn't justified by the Weber name.

Back