Weber Summit S-670 - warranty question

David Ward

TVWBB Fan
I looked at the warranty page on Weber's website and did not see anything about 1st owner only, just the length of time items are covered.

I've been looking to upgrade from my Holland Grill Classic to a Summit S-670 for a while and may have found a good deal on a 2008 model the original owner is selling. No known issues from what I can see, but I was wondering if any of the warranty would be available as there is a lot of time left.

I know the serial number will show them the date of manufacture but was wondering if anyone had problems being a 2nd owner of their flagship grills.

As a side note, what would a good cash price for a 2008 Summit S-670 LP model in used but very decent condition be?

From my understanding, if the original owner never registered the grill, you could possibly get warranty service for it, but Weber definitely intends for their warranty to be for the original purchaser, as per the first line here:

Gs2jX.png

David,
I talked to a guy at a hardware store that is a Weber dealer this past weekend-he said the wty will travel with the grill. I have talked to a Weber rep about this also and many of the posts on this forum would lead you to believe that Weber stands behind their products regardless of original ownership. I will say that I have not had to use the wty on the Weber grills I have bought-which is a good thing too!!

Well I'd really like to know the true story. It seems to me like they officially state a "no transfer" policy, but are prone to bend the rules often because they rock. Maybe they just need to cover their butts a bit.

From most if not all of the post's I've seen in the various forums since I bought the Summit, I think they are more concerned with the manufacturer date which will be linked to the serial number. If this is true, my 2008 Summit has a ways to go on most of the major components.

I don't plan on using the warranty, as most of the time it is used to replace items banged up in shipping which will not apply in my case. Just nice to know "just in case". Also for the quality of the build, their replacement part prices are very reasonable even if the part would be at my expense.

Besides, this is my 4th Weber so they should have me in their database
icon_cool.gif

Back