Weber Summit Platinum D6 Rotisserie Question

Benny Gilbert

TVWBB Member
Hey y'all! I'm currently in the middle of doing a restoration on a 2006 Weber Summit Platinum D6. All the parts are there, except for the fact that it is missing a rotisserie spit rod and motor. My question is, with replacement parts being scarcer these days for the older Summits, do the rotisseries for the newer Summits and/or Genesis II grills fit this one? Or are there any off-brand rotisseries I can buy that will fit a Summit Platinum D6? I know OnlyFire makes some but I think only for the Genesis grills. Any help/info on where to find one that fits will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Benny

It’s 42.5” end to end, the motors are pretty much universal.

Attachments

• 813F980E-4928-4B79-BF5B-6CACB035A5C3.jpeg
    813F980E-4928-4B79-BF5B-6CACB035A5C3.jpeg
    94.2 KB · Views: 9
The distance between those turned down areas need to match the areas in the sides of the grill where they ride, too. Some people will grind those in the rod if they are not in the right place. Some universal spit mfg's will publish those dimensions, too, to help you make your choice.

The distance between those turned down areas need to match the areas in the sides of the grill where they ride, too. Some people will grind those in the rod if they are not in the right place. Some universal spit mfg's will publish those dimensions, too, to help you make your choice.
I may have a spit available…

OK, will do. Right now my restoration in the firebox deep cleaning stage, but I'm sure I'll get to firing the burners at some point fairly soon.

I think a sick day from work is in order. Practice your cough now so you have it down when you call in tomorrow morning.

It may seem insignificant, but Weber sent me a new thermometer for my Summit platinum, after sending me a new lid. I destroyed the old thermometer when removing the bezel from the rotted lid. Installed the new thermometer into the new lid, but couldn’t get it to secure tight. A member from a FB group called my attention to a stainless steel ring that fits between the bezel and the thermometer that is not on any parts list and does not come on a new thermometer. Luckily I saved the old thermometer and was able to retrieve it.

Attachments

• 4A60F931-B347-447A-90B7-29E5E25F80A2.jpeg
    4A60F931-B347-447A-90B7-29E5E25F80A2.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 6F0608E2-C7A0-40E1-87EB-21CBB23E8F95.jpeg
    6F0608E2-C7A0-40E1-87EB-21CBB23E8F95.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 4
It may seem insignificant, but Weber sent me a new thermometer for my Summit platinum, after sending me a new lid. I destroyed the old thermometer when removing the bezel from the rotted lid. Installed the new thermometer into the new lid, but couldn’t get it to secure tight. A member from a FB group called my attention to a stainless steel ring that fits between the bezel and the thermometer that is not on any parts list and does not come on a new thermometer. Luckily I saved the old thermometer and was able to retrieve it.
No small thing, you would be kicking yourself if you had thrown that piece away and couldn't replace it. That's why I never throw the old "anything" away until after I get the new one.

Back