Weber Summit Platinum B4 burners blowing out

Sam-TX

TVWBB Fan
I have two issues with my grill:
1. if it' windy the burners have a tendency to blow out. The air gets in from the bottom underneath the manifold and goes into the burner intake air grate thing blowing the burner out. This isn't an issue under normal circumstances but is an issue when i'm smoking/drying and running a single burner at low.

I'm thinking I can put some sort of grate that will block the wind but still let air through so the burners can breathe? I don't know.

2. When it rains, water drips in somewhere and fills up my catch pan (why it's not a catch can I'm still pissed about). A cover solves this, but is not ideal. I think in the latest rain I saw water going in at the rear-right corner. Any experience/advice? Even just finding where the water gets in is tricky.

I have a Spirit cabinet grill. The water gets in during rain and wind.

I moved the tank out of the cabinet and installed a center hole drip pan and my water collection problems went away

It's a well known fault of Summits beginning with 2nd gen on. IDK if the "new" Summit has solved it. But complaints are all over on just this topic. I live with this on my Wolf. Hate it. But, it is what it is

Unless you actually seal up the vents on the burners. I don't think you could wind proof the grill enough to make it so the burner vents don't get "enough" air.

So actually the solution was very simple. I placed a chair in front of the grill around the location of my burner. This blocked the gusts of wind from going in and causing trouble. A steel screen/mesh would solve this problem. I might look into fitting something.

Back