Weber Summit Gold NG

ChuckD

TVWBB Fan
There is one for sale locally and i will post a photo. Its in really nice shape but hes asking $750, what would be a fair offer
.. Im familiar with all the older genesis 1000 gold,silver, platinum ect but dont know much about this one. I do know these are supposedly the unicorn of the weber grills but is it worth what hes asking.. Also, i would need to convert it to propane. If its worth it, ill buy it and sell one of my other webers.

Attachments

• 275003630_4900658856717055_5426473093151887153_n.jpg
    275003630_4900658856717055_5426473093151887153_n.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Chuck, I can tell you that most of the grills for sale by me right now are NG Summits. They have all been listed for a long time and most of them are a lot less money than your example. Personally I wouldn't pay that much for one and would also prefer it be the platinum model with all stainless steel frame. Plus we all know that when that cookbox goes, you're pretty much dead in the water. That being said I still wouldn't mind having one so I'm not telling you not to buy it. I just wouldn't want to start at $750 on one.

No way I would pay that much for that grill. Even if the cook box isn't rotted out, it probably won't be long. For one of those to be feasible, the price would have to be a lot lower.

There is one for sale locally and i will post a photo. Its in really nice shape but hes asking $750, what would be a fair offer
.. Im familiar with all the older genesis 1000 gold,silver, platinum ect but dont know much about this one. I do know these are supposedly the unicorn of the weber grills but is it worth what hes asking.. Also, i would need to convert it to propane. If its worth it, ill buy it and sell one of my other webers.
Best offer IMO is $0.00 Those grills are money pits at best.

Many here paint all vintage Summits with the same broad brush as money pits. It’s not necessarily so, yes they do have flaws that will eventually be their demise. There are many serviceable Summits that will perform for years with care and attention. Look it over well, but in my opinion $750. Is insane. If it isn’t rusted out and it’s operable, under $200.would be fair.

No parts available (firebox rusts out) flavorizer bars cost almost as much as another grill. Sorry, standing by original opinion. If you are REALLY set to have this unit OP and IF in the very unlikely event the firebox is not rusted through/out, and flavorizer bars are not broken (extremely unlikely on both counts). and IF the cabinet is not a rust pit certainly nothing over $100. Sadly the owner of this thing has an inflated opinion of value. Bottom line he may find a sucker but don't let it be you. You're much better off finding a good Genesis

Ok,, Great advice as always guys... Ill be passing on it then.. I dont need it at all.. I thought i had read somewhere that these were the top of the line older weber grills.. I was mistaken.. Ill find a nice older platinum genesis with the stainless frame.. Dodged a bullet there.. lol

Last edited:
They are at the top of the Weber food chain. But, for some reason, Weber continues to use the same flawed design on the cook box that they have for 20 years. Then they stop making replacement parts for them before the end of the warranty period, so that if you make a claim, they deny the claim based on the parts not being available. I think many times, they offer a discount on a new grill, but it goes nowhere near to compensating the grill owner for the $3000 boat anchor on their deck. I can only think they are following the "planned obsolescence" model. The grills are awesome grills until those specific key parts fail.

They are at the top of the Weber food chain. But, for some reason, Weber continues to use the same flawed design on the cook box that they have for 20 years. Then they stop making replacement parts for them before the end of the warranty period, so that if you make a claim, they deny the claim based on the parts not being available. I think many times, they offer a discount on a new grill, but it goes nowhere near to compensating the grill owner for the $3000 boat anchor on their deck. I can only think they are following the "planned obsolescence" model. The grills are awesome grills until those specific key parts fail.
Your right about the boat anchor Bruce, he mentioned thats about what he paid when he bought it.. Its shame about not making replacement parts for that grill. It looks like a beast

Back