Weber Summit 470 rotisserie/IR burner question

I think if you used that the entire cook it'll almost certainly burn it before it's cooked in the middle. I actually use my IR burner for the first 25 minutes and then use just the outside burners to finish cooking. Comes out fantasticView attachment 98429
Does the skin end up crispy or just browned but still soft? On my most recent one I ran the IR burner for 25 minutes on high and got darker skin than my last cook (still not as dark as yours though) but it was still pretty soft.

Does the skin end up crispy or just browned but still soft? On my most recent one I ran the IR burner for 25 minutes on high and got darker skin than my last cook (still not as dark as yours though) but it was still pretty soft.
It will eventually get a bit crispy, but the bird itself is so juicy that it does make it hard to get that good crisp. Usually the skin will shrink and burst at some spots and leak juices out

Trick is to be sure to prick it liberally. I just did a bird in Big Z yesterday. Got some smoke on it for about 30 minutes, then ran it up to 350. Skin was nice and cracklin'

I prick it well with a small knife, and when I use the IR I cook the full time with it. I use the 2 outer burners on the Wolf only to even out the heat on the ends and maybe put smoke pouches over for some added flavors

Back