Weber Rotisserie

Mike Zarecky

TVWBB Pro
Recently purchased a Weber Genesis 1000 (Redhead) on CL. It came with a rotisserie. Never used one! So my question: Is there any info out there on how to use it? Which burners to turn on/off? Any info would be helpful.

MikeZ

Mike
I have a couple of Genesis Platinum I's and have a rotisserie for them. I put almost anything I can fit on them and the burners usually are center off front and back on enough to get the temp I want. I also got a fish basket which goes on the spit in place of the forks, that is used for 2 racks of pork baby back ribs. (don't cook too long or they will be dry). The weight on the end of the spit is used to balance the load being cooked.

Another great cook is Prime Rib (bone in) cooked to your perfection.

almost anything can be cooked and is self basting

have fun

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Weber Genesis 1000 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I second the prime rib suggestion. It's awesome.

I will typically just run one burner (either fron or back) instead of both front and back like the manual recommends. The reason is because I find that when 2 burners are turned down really low they can occasionally blow out on windy days verses one burner running a little hotter.

I love my rotisseries. You are going to have fun with this.

Justin

you are correct, I adjust the burners depending upon the wind. Last Christmas we had no wind so I ran both front and back on low

cheers

wow now i am a TWBB fan
n

Thanks for the info. I may give it a try on Sunday!

I have a few issues with the motor right now. Have to take it apart and see what's happening inside. It runs very erratic. Maybe it just needs a load on it? I also want to add an on/off switch.

MikeZ

Well, I tried two chickens on the rotis on Saturday. They didn't turn out quite the way the ones do from Sam's? I had the front and rear burners on medium and the temp at 350. The skin didn't crisp up? Maybe more heat? Talked to the girl at the local Food Lion and she told me that theirs are made at 400 degrees for 2 hours. If I get the temps up higher do I have to worry about running out of propane?

MikeZ

Don't worry about running out of propane unless you're low to start. My genesis will run full bore (all high) for at least 6 hours on a full tank. Probably much longer than that.

Last roti chicken I did at 475 and it came out awesome. Your chickens probably won't taste like Sam's because they're not treated with MSG or other meat tenderizers. I'm sure Sams isn't doing theirs solely with salt and pepper.

Back