weber rotisserie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
looking for an early christmas present to myself. its steep at $150 but per the reviews everyone seems to love it.

anyone here have one and how do you like it? i usually just bake a chicken or turkey but not sure how much better it would come out on this thing.

also, i cant find a forum here on the rotisserie. id like to read about it some more. any forums out there specific to the rotisserie?

DANG, now i found the weber 6408 style poultry roaster for $30. reviews for it are great but it doesnt look like it will fit a turkey. now i need to do even more research. $150 vs $30. now wondering if i should scratch the rotisserie off the list.

i just need some input. maybe folks here have both?

i just can't see spending that kind of money on a fancy beer can chicken style cooker. cans are just so much cheaper and simple holders are like 5.00 . as to the rotis, they are great and worth it. look around cuz they can usually be had for a bit less.

I found my rotisserie on this list in the for sale forum about a year ago. I got the rotisserie and a One Touch Silver for $100. The rotisserie was new in the box. I gave the grill to a friend and I've used the rotisserie several times for chickens and beef tenderloin. I love the way chickens come out and the beef tenderloin was killer. I definitely think its worth getting the rotisserie, but as George says, do some shopping.

As for the turkey roaster, I saw this ad recently and it looks interesting but the one thing I don't need is one more gadget!

Turkey Cannon

Pat

I use mine a couple times a week most weeks. We love it. It's fantastic for chicken,turkey pork loins and our favorite is boneless leg of lamb. It takes away the strong flavor that most don't like about lamb. I think it's in the fat that drips off. Buy it you won't regret it. I'm doing a 15 pound turkey on mine for T-day. Did a fifteen pounder last week with no problem was done in five hours.

I was like you...on the fence...do I jump or no...birthday came around and everyone pitched in to push me off the fence and I am glad they did. I love my roti...I don't have a basket for it but in the span of two weeks, we had grilled chicken, pork roasts, and some other things...what it did, indirectly I suppose was get me out of a BBQ slump...I have a lot of cues at my house involving mainly family. They have particular likes and dislikes so I got into a routine...and was reluctant to take on new sauces as a result of the aforementioned inlaws. The roti kind of forced me to open it up to new things and surprisingly they all agreed it was a good idea...so that's my two cents if you're still on the fence.

I'm with Pat. I use my rotisserie once a week and my buddy uses his twice a week. Pick up some extra forks and do two birds at once. Keep the beer can it comes out too rubbery. I put two full charcoal baskets full of lit K, all vents open and let it roast for about an hour to an hour and 15 min at about 450. Comes out with crispy skin and perfect juicy meat. It is amazing how good the difference is. Also how can you beat the reaction of your guests when you walk in with two perfectly browned birds on a spit. It was worth the money. I hope they come out with one for the 26 in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back