Weber replacement thermometer

• Thread starter Thread starter Chris O
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chris O

What is the purpose of putting the thermometer through a cork before putting it in the vent? I've been just sticking it through the vent, are my temp readings off?

By doing so, you can make sure the tip is where you want it, and is not potentially touching the meat. You can also do something similar using a metal clip solution offered here recently-- which might be preferable since it doesn't restrict airflow at all.

While I don't use this method, I've assumed it would just hold the therm in a steady position so it is not touching any metal as it would by just hanging in the vent. I would also guess it makes the probe extend out more horizontally and therefore not be measuring the temp along the edge of the cooker which would be hotter ? Maybe none of this makes any real difference ?

Paul

Aww, just face your fear head-on and drill a hole for a manly thermometer!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jason Flynn:
[qb] Aww, just face your fear head-on and drill a hole for a manly thermometer! [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm afraid then my wsm would look like swiss cheese the way I tend to goof up home improvement projects!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jason Flynn:
[qb] Aww, just face your fear head-on and drill a hole for a manly thermometer! [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Heavens, no!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif One should seek the path of least resistance and just keep the WSM as pristine and virginal (outside, not inside) as possible.

Mark "ObiWan" Macanas, Jedi Knight and BBQ Afficionado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back