Weber Q Cast Iron Grid on 22" Kettle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

You can easily prop the Q200 grate with a fire brick split.

Weber sells the Grate for $27.60 plus shipping. You may have to fabricate a story about why you are purchasing the part.

Tim

Originally posted by george curtis:
i don't see how the heat from charcoal can be to much for the porcelain coating.

it cant. weber kettles and wsm are coated in porcelain and parts are a lot closer to the heat than the grill and it does it no harm. if you cracked the porcelain finish by sawing pieces off, it may crack over time and pieces porcelain coating may come away with the food; but that wouldnt be due to the heat.

Originally posted by Timothy Hoffman:
I was just at the local Ace yesterday and all the Q grills there had raw cast iron grates. Did Weber just change this?

They just look like they are "raw".
Following in email I received from them on June 16, 2009 in reference to acquiring a cast Iron grate from them.

Ticket: XXXXXXXXX Re: cast-iron cooking grate

Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail. We no longer manufacture raw cast-iron cooking grates at all. All of our cast-iron grates have a porcelain coating on them.

Thank you,
Christina
Weber-Stephen Products Co.
1890 North Roselle Road Suite 308
Schaumburg, Il 60195
Phone 800.446.1071 Fax 847.407.8900 www.weber.com

Originally posted by Tim Granzeau:
Hi,

You can easily prop the Q200 grate with a fire brick split.

Weber sells the Grate for $27.60 plus shipping. You may have to fabricate a story about why you are purchasing the part.

Tim
Cheaper than online for sure. My story? I need a new grate for the Q200 I bought for my mother off craigslist. No i can't get you the serial because it's at my mother's house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back