Weber q adapter hose

Monica Brown

Hi everyone:) I have a weber q and also one of the portable weber gas grills for camping. Recently I got a low flame on the weber q. Full tank of propane and I tried the reset method and it nothing helped. I unscrewed the adapter hose from the tank and the bbq and noticed that the little rubber black ring was not connected all the way around but had what looked like a cut on it. should the black ring be solid and in one piece or does it matter? thank you!

Hi everyone:) I have a weber q and also one of the portable weber gas grills for camping. Recently I got a low flame on the weber q. Full tank of propane and I tried the reset method and it nothing helped. I unscrewed the adapter hose from the tank and the bbq and noticed that the little rubber black ring was not connected all the way around but had what looked like a cut on it. should the black ring be solid and in one piece or does it matter? thank you!

Yes, the ring should be unbroken. It's to prevent propane from leaking. They cost under a buck to replace and you should do it before you use the grill again.

Bill

I picked up the piece I needed at a hardware store and turned the bbq on tonight. i had the bbq heating up with the lid closed and when I opened the lid a huge flame came up and i dropped the lid immediately so I turned the bbq and propane off. there was a massive amount of heat coming out.This actually happened before I replaced the broken o ring as well. do I need a new hose?

perhaps it could use a good cleaning. basically when I dropped the lid down as the heat and flame was very intense and it scared the blank out me. I would describe the heat coming out of the bbq worse than the flame. The flame was large and went easily above the level of the grill.

Back