Weber premium vs miller lite standard (22 inch)

i am in the market for a charcoal grill. I have a Weber propane but would also like a charcoal for the taste.

One person is selling a $40 barely used miller lite standard kettle grill (22inch) and the other person is selling a brand new in the box premium kettle grill with the ash catcher for $100 (22 inch)

Which one is a better deal? Both grills pictured below. Thanks

Attachments

• AE9EEBB7-EF28-4C24-8A40-8CB6E3D4E463.jpeg
    AE9EEBB7-EF28-4C24-8A40-8CB6E3D4E463.jpeg
    120.6 KB · Views: 16
  • DA682254-B1F4-4B41-9BA1-14271EA8CD4C.png
    DA682254-B1F4-4B41-9BA1-14271EA8CD4C.png
    367.8 KB · Views: 16
I read a few things about the premium. It seems like the mastertouch (the one above the premium) isn’t as worth it of an upgrade vs the standard to premium. The premium have better shaped air inlet, a thermometer (big deal) and the ash catcher. the thing is, the $120 premium is new in the box for $120 which is a great deal vs getting some rusty grate grill for $20 or whatever used. It seems like the miller lite grill is getting sold as it is now pending but there are some other grills for sale in my area for $20-60. Most of which need new grates and a cleaning but a lot also comes with covers

The premiums used to be called OTG or one touch gold.
That MLite used to be called a OTS or one touch silver.
The mastertouch are nice, I had one. They are taller and come with a lid bail and premium cooking grate.
Mine had the coal baskets and the extendend cooking half ring. It was from Ace.

That’s good to know. I will consider the new grill or maybe keep my eyes open for a used premium or mastertouch
Maybe pickup a used kettle for cheap and cook on it while waiting for a really good deal to show up.

A used performer, or one touch platinum with a table is a nice upgrade. It may take a while for a deal to pop up so a used one will buy you time and you can save up for one.

Back