weber poultry roaster

I enjoyed watching the video and the chicken throne looks handy and stable.

But I think I would miss the crowd pleasing pizzazz of a chicken actually sitting on a beer can. Heck, like many here I've done this bit a number of times and I still get a kick out of it!

Perhaps I've been fortunate in that I've only had a chicken tip over once, even that one was easily corrected.

$10? Maybe. $35? Nope.

Perhaps I've been fortunate in that I've only had a chicken tip over once,
Dennis,

I have not had a chicken tip over at all - but I once had 5 cornish hens sitting on small juice cans and two of them tipped over - just too small to be stable so I will not try that again.

Ray

With this new toy would a drip pan be needed
underneath the chicken or not necessary.
I have tried just indirect with a waterpan
and the beast in the middle of the grill
but this looks like it could get some good
flavors going and if no drip pan, faster
easier cleanup with better flavors using
the Weber Roaster..

Thanks guys, only my second post but I'm fired up.

Anthony

No drip pan needed... at least in my experience. You can even use this puppy in the oven should your grill be unavailable.

I liked it so much that I bought a second one. On the grill or in the oven, this one outperforms the cheaper models and it cleans up easily...a big consideration for me.

Man, I'm getting gouged up here in the Great
White North (Canada), HD want 56$ dollars
I only paid 40$ for my used 22 inch Gold
What a ripoff...but I really want that roaster...

Anthony

Fianlly picked one up for 24$ now ready to try
but the instructions say direct cooking
and I figured indirect, what are you chicken
roasters doing, direct or indirect...

Thanks guys
Anthony W.

I always roast a chicken indirect, about 325 - 350. I usually get a pretty good sized chicken, coat it with a good rub (inside and out) and start monitoring it with an instant read therm after an hour or so.

I bought two Weber Poultry Roasters several weeks ago and love them. They are much easier to clean up. I found my cooking time went down by about fifteen minutes using them. My guess is the cap you put on the neck keeps more heat inside to finish more quickly.

Bruce Johnston

Thanks Debbie, I thought indirect would be best
but in the Weber instructions they say go direct
I woould imagine direct would be faster as they
talk about 3-4 pound chicken done in 50 minutes.
I will stick with indirect. A friend of mine
put 3 chickens in a row right on the grill,in the middle no drip pan and banked some coals then threw on some hickory chunks and the birds came out great. Will be using my weber roaster
very soon,any tasty recipes appreciated...

Anthony W.

Using the Weber poultry roaster, do cook indirect. Last year I contacted Weber about the discrepancy in the instructions (which call for direct heat) and they told me to definitely cook indirect. I think the drippings would evaporate and burn over direct heat.

I've been cooking at Indirect/Medium on my gasser, 350*F (thermometer on right side of lid). I'm going up to 400*F next time.

Each time I mentioned that maybe they should consider correcting the instruction sheet I got total silence, no comment.

Rita

I had to pay full price for the roaster and while I figured it was a complete waste when I was making the purchase it has turned out to be a staple for me. I make chicken with it at least twice a week now and have never once had a great result. As mentioned as well clean up is absolutely simple, takes seconds. I'd highly recomend this!

I ordered two of these babies and cant wait to try them.

I would go indirect heat with them. I also think that it will make more sense than direct heat.

They are $26.99 at Amazon each and I think price is fair compared to the cheaper ones outthere.

They are expensive in Canada where i live though, so i order from US and i drive accross border to pick up. Good thing i dont live far from the plattsburgh border
icon_smile.gif

elmo

Pardon the dumb question, but I just got one of these and am wondering what he infused cap is for? The instructions and pictures say it goes at the top of the chicken. I assume it is for blocking the body cavity to keep the steam bottled in, but it doesn't seem like it would do much.

Back