Weber pizza oven 6520

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark R-S

TVWBB Fan
Weber have come out with a pizza oven accessory for 57cm charcoal grills. An interesting alternative to the kettle pizza, but it only seems to be available in Europe.

weber-pizza-oven-closed.jpg

weber-charcoal-pizza-oven.jpg

weber-charcoal-pizza-stove.jpg

That's BS. If they're already manufacturing it... why can't we buy it? I understand the cost of distributing to retailers etc... but why not allow customer to buy direct???

They may not be worth the $200+ they are asking anyways. How well do they actually work? How many people here would actually buy one?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
looks like they copy'd someone elses idea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Copied and improved upon it, I'd say. I like the low profile "hood" on theirs. Probably allows for a higher temp with less fuel. Looks better to me - easier removal with the hinged lid.

That's nifty looking, but I can't figure out how the air flow gets past the ring around the pizza stone...or how you could get the top of the pie to cook for the same reason.

Can't tell for sure, but it looks like there is an air gap in the back that flows over the top and out the front.

Just ordered this, it's about 160 euros (about 210 USD) in Finland. I don't know when I get it (current stock 0...). I'll let you know how it works when I get it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Timothy Hoffman:
Why isnt this available in the US? We do eat pizza here, really! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't know but one things for sure, I'd never paid $210 for it. Add the price of a new kettle and you're in half the cost of a small BGE.
icon_eek.gif

An SJ Silver (or a couple firebricks in a standard kettle puts the pizza in about the same position in the kettle dome and will accomplish the same thing. For a heckuva lot less money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back