Weber Performer from Craigslist

Mike Coffman

TVWBB Olympian
Saw a Weber Performer on Craigslist (local) on Tuesday. The seller was asking $175.00 for it. The picture looked great and
it looked only slightly used as the seller stated. Well I offered him $100.00 for it and we finally negotiated on a sale
price of $125.00. I picked it up tonight and other than the grates need a good cleaning, it looks great! He also threw in
a Weber chimney, which is almost new. So here's the pictures. I believe if I read the date stamp correctly it is a 2010 model
with a date stamp of AD.
DSC_6931.jpg

DSC_6932.jpg

DSC_6933.jpg

DSC_6934.jpg

DSC_6935.jpg

DSC_6936.jpg

My Weber family for now:
icon_biggrin.gif

DSC_6937.jpg

Originally posted by Russell Y:
That pipe sticking out looks like gas assist. I wonder why the need for a chimney?

I asked him the exact same question and he said that he had never used the gas assist and by the looks of it he probably never did.

Great find on the performer, I have 2011 and I use the chimney on top of the gas assist. Let gas run for about 2-3 minutes under the chimney and the coals are ready in no time.

Originally posted by Dave O:
Great find on the performer, I have 2011 and I use the chimney on top of the gas assist. Let gas run for about 2-3 minutes under the chimney and the coals are ready in no time.

That's exactly what I do.

It's also a good idea to have a chimney in case you need to add fresh burning charcoal to an existing fire.

Nice find on the Performer Mike. Ever since I got mine I always use the gas assist to "cheat" anytime I'm firing up a chimney for something else. Handy little feature.

AD is a 2010 model as I have the same unit and love it, as others have said I use the chimmey over the gas assit to get the coals going faster without using paper. You family is much bigger than mine, Nice setup congrats on a great find and price, you will love it.

I always just puts charcoal over the gas assist burner and then spread them after they are lit.Am I missing somthing by not using a chimney?

Originally posted by Dave O:

Yup, that's what I do as well. Looks like a great deal!!

Back