weber kettle rotissiere worth it ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neil Grant:
seems to be unanimous ... can the kettle rotisserie also be used on a genesis gas grill (circa 2005 vintage) ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a great question. It seems like the rotis. pieces may be the same, but obviously you need the ring to make it fit on the kettle. I'd love to know the answer since I have one for my gasser but not my kettle.

The spit rod for my Genesis has the round parts of the rod in totally different location than the kettle one. The motor and forks will interchange. My vote for the ring is the Cajun Bandit Version!

again, the cutouts aren't that important. new grooves can be made or a collar can be used. the cajun unit seems to be about the same price as the weber unit. do check cl for weber units that might be a lot cheaper.

I got the Cajun Bandit rotisserie for my 22.5 WSM, and I'm happy. I must admit I don't use the motor they sent though. Battery powered and it just doesn't "look" like it will hold up. Instead, I use the motor I got with the rotisserie I used to use with an old Barbecues Galore Turbo gasser (now in the land fill). Fortunately, that heavy duty motor fit on the Cajun Bandit ring just fine and the spit that came with the assembly fit. I like the rotisserie for poultry and rib roasts.

Back