weber joe???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent On

TVWBB Pro
Can someone tell me what weber joe this is?

I think it has 2 or 3 air vents on the bowl.

1316807683-324.jpg_m.jpg

1316807684-974.jpg_m.jpg

Vincent.

My weber joe gold doesn't have any vent holes on the bowl other than the two on the side where the handle is located. Is this an older version?

Vincent.

Looks like a mis-match. The lid has the plastic handle with the tabs for a SJG. The bottom has the wire legs and bottom vents too boot. That should of had a wooden handle on the lid, and is an older model.

Tim

its basically the original style sj. they had the three wheeled vents under it. should have a wood handle. still looking for one.

That lid trick is GOLD!

I just used it on 18.5 wsm with a wood handle while checking on my ribs. Worked great. I knew weber designed a lid holder into the wsm!

Thank you so much!

That's what's up!!!

So let me see if I got this right, everone is saying that the top lid handle is from a gold. the bottom bowl is the original (older) smokey joe silver?

Vincent.

Should look like this.. Picked this one up for $30. I think it was worth it. I think it may have been used once. I forget,but I think it's from 1980.

sj2011jpg.jpg

The old Smokey Joes weren't called "Silvers"
Just Smokey Joes.
Its definitely an odd couple for sure.
I wonder where the other grill parts ended up?
If you're not worried about keeping it as a collectible.. That would make a great tamale pot smoker. The 3 vents on the bottom would give you awesome temp control.
Good luck with whatever you decide!
AJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back