Weber grill cover quality

M. Chesney

TVWBB Fan
Anyone experience tearing at the seams on your weber grill covers, in particular the one that fits the performer. Mine is tearing around the seams and I've only had it for 2 years. Thinking about repairing it with some duct tape rather than shelling out the nearly 50 bucks for a new one. I'm thinking this is due to being outdoors with the variations of extreme temperatures throughout the year.

Mike

Mike, my Performer is seven years old and after five years, I purchased a new cover. The old one finally began to leak when it rained. I have a Performer, 22” OTG and 18” WSM, all outside and with covers. I’ll also grant you that our winters here in Pa or not as nasty as those you have in Chicago. Since we’re talking about covers, I often hear that they leak at the seams. I can’t say with any authority if they do or don’t. The first thing I do with each cover is waterproof the seams with the same stuff you use for tents. One option may be these folks. Good Luck Mike!
http://classicaccessories.com/category.aspx?id=9&page=1

The covers Rolf Jacobsen posted the link to are excellent covers. I have one on my Holland for a few yrs now and its like new still. Stays flexible in the cold, vents the cover through special vents covers to release moisture, and even in the hardest rain has not leaked. I have found ones to fit my Weber Kettles and my WSM through them so I will be replacing those with the same when the time comes. So far though they are doing great on weathering so it may be awhile.Look and see if they have one to fit the performer and it may be cheaper to boot? I know the one for the large Holland I got was only 29.00 through Amazon which would get this site credit too if bought through link on homepage..:)

Back