Weber Grate Warranty.

timothy

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
My Son bought me a GBS grate for X-mas. Today I noticed one of the welds on a rod came loose.
He contacted Weber and is waiting for a reply, but it got me thinking... What's the warranty, 30, 60, 90 days, a year?
Anyone know?

Tim

I couldn’t find anything on Weber.com
If he ordered off Amazon, he could try reaching out to Amazon or the seller and explain the problem.

I would just call weber and tell them. It would be helpful probably to have a proof of purchase since i doubt they have serial numbers on it.

If it were me, I would push for a replacement regardless of what the warranty is. IMHO, it should be at least a year. Broken weld is a warranty/quality issue, vs something like rust on a steel grate which can be more of a use/environmental factor.

Best customer service I have ever dealt with, tell them the facts and if they can help you they will quickly.
I have had replacement grates sent for my Q-320 which was above and beyond! Not to mention all kinds of parts for my WSM, kettles and Q-320.
Try them they are fair!

Tip: I have registered my grills/smoker online with Weber, which makes it easier for them to handle warranty claims and make sure you get the right parts.

It's easy to do when the grill is new and the paperwork is in hand, but finding the serial number much soot and grease later can tricky.

My Weber warranty experience was grate, they replaced the Summit grates after year 2 or 3 when a weld or two failed, replaced the stainless steel hood when the regular steel inside liner rusted out at year 5 or 6, replaced the gas regulator when it cracked and replaced the flavorizer bars when they rusted through. Now all of the above occurred several years ago so it what it is, I also recall grates having a 3 or 5 year warranty.

The SS hood they gave me just a tad of push back as the SS was in good condition but the liner wasn't, I made mention of the rust falling on the food as it cooked and that's all it took, new hood on the way.

Just an update: Weber just sent me my new grate today, no problems, just needed an order# from the broken one.(y)
I know the delivery trucks are swapped right now, and I gave the driver a big " Thank you very much" as he was walking away.
Tim

Back