Weber Gourmet BBQ System

I got one from the Mrs. for Valentine's Day. I got the c/i griddle option. It seems like the grill is a little bit of a heavier gauge and the c/i griddle makes a nice burger. I am looking to get the c/i sear grate next.

-Don

What does need have to do with anything. It is a matter of wanting it bad enough to find a way to justify it.

Actually I do think these are a good addition and I have added it to my 'fathers day' list.

Mike

I really like my set. I have the griddle and sear grate.
The grate's gauge is much thicker than standard, and imo the sear grate is really not needed.
IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMGP3776.JPG

I just have the grate, and it is indeed better construction and worth the upgrade. I got mine to hold a round bottomed wok and might try the ci grate. I don't really get the other options though, it seems easier to just plop a pan or stone right on the grill, and it can be moved easily and allows you to go back to grilling instantly.

I like the thicker gauge steel, but i don't get the need for the tilt up sides. I never use mine anyway.......never! I like the plain ones best. I was thinking the grill might not be a bad idea to accompany my comal asadero.

It's funny, Shaun, but the tilt up sides are my favorite feature. I do almost all of my smoking in the kettle. I'm willing to bet you use your kettle mostly for grilling and have another grill/wsm that you use for smoking?

Back