Weber genesis will barely light.

SJHill

The weather has been perfect the last few months so I’ve been using the summit charcoal a lot more. Went to start the genesis last night and when I press ignite all I get coming out are the tiniest blue flames and the grill won’t get above 200.

I checked again with a brand new unused tank, and the same thing occurred. I also knocked on the tubes a little bit and gave them a blast of compressed air to see if they were clogged and I got the same results.

anyone have any ideas?

Close all valves. Shut off the tank. Disconnect the tank. let it sit for a few minutes. Reconnect the tank. Slowly................ open the tank one full turn then open it all the way. Then turn on burner one and hit the igniter. Then turn on burners two and three.

Otherwise, you probably got some kind of obstruction in the manifold or gas line or regulator. Your next step would be to try a new regulator.

Bad regulator?
Did you make sure all the burners (even a side burner?) were off....and then turn the propane tank off....Turn the tank valve back on, wait 30 seconds and then turn on a burner to ignite?
This happens to my genesis 330 if I turn on the burner before the tank to burner line has pressurized enough...I just get a trickle of gas and have to shut everything off and start again...

EDIT
Me and @Bruce writing the same thing at the same time...

Close all valves. Shut off the tank. Disconnect the tank. let it sit for a few minutes. Reconnect the tank. Slowly................ open the tank one full turn then open it all the way. Then turn on burner one and hit the igniter. Then turn on burners two and three.

Otherwise, you probably got some kind of obstruction in the manifold or gas line or regulator. Your next step would be to try a new regulator.
This was it. I didn’t realize when I was cleaning the grill up a few days ago I must have hit the knob for the side burner because it was about half on, and it was tripping the regulator every time i was trying. Turned it off and everything works fine now.

t0sG1c6.jpg

This was it. I didn’t realize when I was cleaning the grill up a few days ago I must have hit the knob for the side burner because it was about half on, and it was tripping the regulator every time i was trying. Turned it off and everything works fine now.
I too have been a side burner victim as well as my dad...He vented a whole tank of propane once when he left it on low and it blew out...

Back