Weber Genesis Silver C Circa 2000 - Manifold Repair/Replacement

Tim Quinn

First Post. I was given a Genesis Silver C in 2000 right before my first daughter was born. I have done all kinds of work to it over the years and kept it remarkably rust-free and painted with fresh paint. During my last maintenance session, I discovered that the manifold supports that screw to the side of the grill had completely rusted away (explaining why the control valve knobs are now very loose). After inspecting the manifold, I am increasingly concerned that it is going to fail. It is time to replace it. I have the manual, however there is no serial number on it, and the grill label where the serial number is listed, is long wore off. Can anyone confirm what Weber part 62184, is the corrrect replacement manifold (it does have a side burner)? Are there other alternate manifold part numbers that would support a side burner and also fit this model grill? Appreciate any guidance anyone can provide me. I am determined not to let this grill die!!

Hi Tim,

I am guessing your manifold is round and the valves turn less than 270 degrees where sweep is how far the valves turn.

I think the 62184 is a newer manifold with a larger sweep, and I also think it is a square manifold.

The newer manifold will work, but I don't' think its an exact fit.

If you can post a pic of the manifold and the control panel we can provide more accurate info.

If you can still read the serial number, please post the Serial number of the grill and we can let you know the year and make of your grill. You should be able to access a Schematics and parts list as well as the owners manual using the Serial number.

This is more complicated than it should be. Weber shows the #62184 manifold as the right one for a 2000-2001 Silver C. The only problem is that I know that's not right. It will work, but your L/M/H aren't going to match up. I'm not enough of an expert on the silver series of grills to figure this out without a model # or serial #.

If you can still read the serial number, please post the Serial number of the grill and we can let you know the year and make of your grill. You should be able to access a Schematics and parts list as well as the owners manual using the Serial number.
Thanks. I can't the label is completely unreadable. My wife said that she purchased it in early 2000. It has a square shaped manifold.

This is more complicated than it should be. Weber shows the #62184 manifold as the right one for a 2000-2001 Silver C. The only problem is that I know that's not right. It will work, but your L/M/H aren't going to match up. I'm not enough of an expert on the silver series of grills to figure this out without a model # or serial #.
Yea it should not be this hard. So when you say they are not going to match up when you turn the knob the arrow on the knob is not going to line up with the metal panel print? I am wondering if I could modify the knob somehow. I do have a 3D printer so maybe I can change the plastic post and how it lines up, would be a pain. Serial Number is a no go. Completely worn off. Thanks for your response.

here are two silver B manifolds as an example. The square one was from a 2002 and has a larger sweep. the round one is from a 2000.

View attachment 101097
It is a square manifold under the hood of my grill. When they say a larger sweep, do they mean the metal supports that attach to the side of the grill? I am going to try to take a picture of what I have this weekend.

Hi Tim,

I am guessing your manifold is round and the valves turn less than 270 degrees where sweep is how far the valves turn.

I think the 62184 is a newer manifold with a larger sweep, and I also think it is a square manifold.

The newer manifold will work, but I don't' think its an exact fit.

If you can post a pic of the manifold and the control panel we can provide more accurate info.
My manifold is square for sure. Ok just asked another responder as to what the sweep is. So sweep describes how far the valves turn from off? I will post a picture of the manifold and the panel when I can get it apart this weekend. Thank you.

First Post. I was given a Genesis Silver C in 2000 right before my first daughter was born. I have done all kinds of work to it over the years and kept it remarkably rust-free and painted with fresh paint. During my last maintenance session, I discovered that the manifold supports that screw to the side of the grill had completely rusted away (explaining why the control valve knobs are now very loose). After inspecting the manifold, I am increasingly concerned that it is going to fail. It is time to replace it. I have the manual, however there is no serial number on it, and the grill label where the serial number is listed, is long wore off. Can anyone confirm what Weber part 62184, is the corrrect replacement manifold (it does have a side burner)? Are there other alternate manifold part numbers that would support a side burner and also fit this model grill? Appreciate any guidance anyone can provide me. I am determined not to let this grill die!!

Looks like you got the help you need but why not try finding the same grill for sale on OfferUp or Marketplace? You could probably find one for dirt cheap if you spend a little time looking. You will get the manifold you need and a bunch of other extra parts. Then next thing you know, you will buy 5 more and your wife wont be able to park in the garage anymore !

Back