Weber Genesis Silver B value

Ryan Ko

TVWBB Super Fan
I just picked up a Weber Genesis Silver B from Craigslist. I have not looked for a date code yet but I know by the thermometer location that it is 2000-2003. It is in great shape (8.5 of 10). I am replacing the grates and flavorizor bars. It came with a half full tank and a cover. Can anyone tell me what this is actually worth. I am thinking of re-selling it after replacing the grates and flavorizor bars.

The replacement grates will run you $50 (for PCI) and the bars near $70. Absolute best case is $150, so you likely won't get enough to make it worth your while.

You could just relist for $50 more than you bought it for (though I think that's frowned upon on CL).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jay Rogers:
The replacement grates will run you $50 (for PCI) and the bars near $70. Absolute best case is $150, so you likely won't get enough to make it worth your while.

You could just relist for $50 more than you bought it for (though I think that's frowned upon on CL). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The grates are $39.99 and the flavorizor bars are $34.99 here locally (no shipping). I got it free so I will only have $75 in it. I am thinking I will ask $150.00 for it. A new one is $499.00

Does it have the 8+5 bars?

Since it's all found money, why bother upgrading? Sell it for $75-$100 and point them to the replacement parts.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jay Rogers:
Does it have the 8+5 bars?

Since it's all found money, why bother upgrading? Sell it for $75-$100 and point them to the replacement parts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure what the 8+5 bars are. There are 5 of them though. I thought about just turning it around, but the grates and bars were almost completely rusted to nothing. It was unusable as is. If I don't get any good offers on it, I will just keep it.
icon_smile.gif

Back