Weber Genesis Serial not listed on Weber.com

ChadZeilenga

Hi All,
I found a nice Genesis Silver C on my local Craigslist. The owner provided the serial number and when I went to register it on weber.com, it would not go through. Serial is DA 405103. Any thoughts?

Also, what is the Genesis Silver C? How does it compare to a Gold?

Last edited:
I can't help with the serial number. Maybe the guy gave you the wrong one. A lot of the old Weber information and reviews, etc is still floating around the internet, so a Google search will probably give you a ton of information. I've had a 2004 Genesis Silver C since new. It's a three burner grill with east-west burners and a side burner. It has a black body and frame. The Genesis Gold I believe added a stainless hood. It may have also come with stainless flavorizer bars and grates. The silver was porcelain coated enamel. The Silver C is a solid grill and can be upgraded with stainless bars and grates.

Yep, Silver C is a rock solid grill and only real difference between it and the Gold is the hood, flavorizers and grates. SN not going through might mean that previous owner registered the grill.

I have been looking for a replacement since we moved 2mo ago for my green top Platinum Series II. I wasn't finding much other than this old red top Silver C for that was over priced. I gave Craigslist one last look before picking it up and I picked up a mint Gold C with doors, cover and nice set of Weber utensils for the same price! Pretty excited.
When did the temp gage get moved into the center of the lid on Genesis models?

I have been looking for a replacement since we moved 2mo ago for my green top Platinum Series II. I wasn't finding much other than this old red top Silver C for that was over priced. I gave Craigslist one last look before picking it up and I picked up a mint Gold C with doors, cover and nice set of Weber utensils for the same price! Pretty excited.
When did the temp gage get moved into the center of the lid on Genesis models?

Pretty sure it was 2005. If you want to date the grill, locate the serial number. Match the first 2 letters with the Weber Age Guide.

Ok, I have to get it registered and all. I'm pretty excited, the grill looks barely used. Just need to clean up exterior a little.
Should be grilling later this week.

Call them. When I got my WSM and called them for a part the person on the other end asked for a serial number. I said I didn't know. After a few questions she gave it to me.

Back