Weber Genesis e310 Manifold and Regulator connection

Hello,

First time poster, first time grill tinker-er, long time griller. I have a Weber Genesis e310 from about 2008. Grill has been kept clean over the years and it still performs well. This spring as I was cleaning it up, I noticed the rubber regulator hose was worn through pretty bad - so I figured I will get a new regulator hose. Well, when I went to take the regulator hose off, I mistakenly took the valve to the manifold off, rather than disconnecting the regulator connector from the manifold valve. I then re-attached the valve to the manifold, and it looks OK to me, but do I have anything to be concerned about regarding that connection to the manifold? I am planning to buy a new regulator hose but before I do that I want to make sure I've not created a problem I can't solve with that manifold connector. Pictures attached, in particular a good picture underneath that shows the valve I am talking about.

Definitely a grill repair novice and nubie, so hopefully some of you kind knowledgeable grill folks can give me some feedback, much appreciated!!!

2008 weber genesis e10.jpg

Attachments

• weber genesis valve to manifold.jpg
    weber genesis valve to manifold.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 8
  • weber genesis regulator hose.jpg
    weber genesis regulator hose.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 8
Welcome Jim

The connection is a flare nut so no thread sealant is needed. Just make sure it is clean and tight.

Use an open end wrench on the fitting to hold it when tightening the connection on the supply line and you'll be fine.

It never hurts to test with soapy water after it's all changed out.

And be CAREFUL of what regulator you buy. There are really horrid ones out there that don't come close to sending proper gas pressures. If in doubt. Buy an actual Weber replacement

I've never had any issue with non-weber branded regulators.
So, count yourself lucky. These threads are quite plentiful with people who for whatever reason replaced with some Chineseum junk from Amazon and then had all type of too high of heat issues or flameouts. When a poster seems inexperienced on what to look for I ALWAYS recommend an OEM as safest choice.

Thank you for the replies, much appreciated!

I'll go with the Weber - worth the few extra bucks for peace of mind. This one looks to be the correct one to me.

I'll circle back once I've received it and connected. Thanks again.

Attachments

• regulator amazon.GIF
    regulator amazon.GIF
    72 KB · Views: 5
Thank you for the replies, much appreciated!

I'll go with the Weber - worth the few extra bucks for peace of mind. This one looks to be the correct one to me.

I'll circle back once I've received it and connected. Thanks again.

That hose may not be long enough. I recall the Genesis E3xx side control hoses are longer.

If you want a weber branded hose, I think this is the one you need:

36 99281 Hose and regulator, QCC1, 42"

Received the hose and it was indeed the right one. I reconnected - tight, but not as hard as I could. I put some Dawn in a small container and did the "soap test" on the manifold valve, the hose connector, and the valve at the tank. No bubbles. All good it seems. Thanks again for the assistance.

Back