Weber Genesis 310 (2011-2016) Valve Question

Steve Sampson

Hi all,

Brand new to this forum - been watching and reading for years and I've lost count at how many repairs I've done solely thanks to the members here - but thought it was finally time to join myself and start contributing!

I have a quick question that just popped up last night. Long story short - one of the "pegs" that comes out of the control valve on my front-control Genesis 310 broke off and I'm wondering if there's a way to fix it without having to purchase the entire control valve. I found that part (thanks to another post here) on Grill Parts for $28.50 + $9 shipping - so I know I can repair it for $40 - but the valve itself is completely fine and it seems silly to spend $40 to replace a valve due to a $0.05 part.

Anyone have any idea if there's an alternative here? Is there any way to replace just the flat "peg" part of the control valve? Attached is a pic where you can see the part broken off flush with the front of the control valve.

Thanks so much for the help!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 4.57.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 4.57.51 PM.png
    943.4 KB · Views: 17
Steve: I think Larry is probably right. Unless you can find another Curb Alert (Free) Genesis E3xx with the front knobs, you are probably going to have to spring for a new one. You might find someone on this forum willing to send you one, but with shipping, it is probably going to cost almost as much as a new one.

got it - thanks guys! If anyone has that spare part sitting around, I'll pay you for it - it could probably just ship in an envelope with a stamp USPS - but I'm sure that's a long-shot that anyone has one. thanks for the info.

Welcome Steve, glad you decided to join up!

Shipping that small part should be $5 or less. I assume that much cheaper than buying the new part.
I'd post an "In search of" over in the Buy, Sell, Trade forum. See if anyone has an old grill they are parting out.

Another option is to search Craigslist, and FB Marketplace. You won't find that part, but you might find that model grill where someone is trying to get rid of it. Those cabinets rust out pretty quick and I've seen many people basically giving them away. You could get one and just salvage any of the old parts to use for your grill (lid, casters, side tables, doors, manifold, regulator, etc.....)

got it - thanks guys! If anyone has that spare part sitting around, I'll pay you for it - it could probably just ship in an envelope with a stamp USPS - but I'm sure that's a long-shot that anyone has one. thanks for the info.
The long shot is USPS actually getting it to you in one piece :D

Thanks so much - great recommendations and I appreciate the help.

Is this valve unique to the 2011-2016 front-control Genesis? That's a pretty specific model to find parted out - so wondering if maybe it's similar to another model as well? If not - might end up just having to spend the $40

yep, I am pretty sure it is unique to that grill....although, maybe the Spirit front control grills use them too...I am not sure.

Steve, you are in luck. I was planning to clean and repair the grill valves on my 2011 Genesis 310. Had all the materials ready to go, but ended up having issues with stripped valve screws. Was able to get a whole new manifold replaced under warranty so I'd be open to parting with some of the pieces from the old valves.

Steve, you are in luck. I was planning to clean and repair the grill valves on my 2011 Genesis 310. Had all the materials ready to go, but ended up having issues with stripped valve screws. Was able to get a whole new manifold replaced under warranty so I'd be open to parting with some of the pieces from the old valves.
That’s awesome - thanks so much! This forum for the win again! Do you want to PM me details? I can Venmo you or something if that works? Thanks!

Back