Weber Genesis 2000 Build?

Rob Smith

Hi everyone,

First post here, long time Weber fan though! I have been using (and still have) a Weber Stainless Steel Performer and have had other kettles, Genesis Silver B models in the past. In looking for a new to me Genesis, I settled on wanting a blue lid and I came across someone selling a new old stock 13 bar cook box, blue lid and manifold.

I like the idea of building these parts in to a custom Genesis 2000, with two folding tables. I understand that everything needed to complete it is getting hard to come by. I'm not in a hurry to finish it though and can weld a frame together if needed too. But for the other parts, would it be best to find a donor grill? I hate to break up a grill someone would otherwise use or restore though. Does anyone here have parts that they would be willing sell? It seems like the grease tray, tank mount assembly and the control panel would be the hardest to source.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Rob

Attachments

• PXL_20210921_213130575.jpg
    PXL_20210921_213130575.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 31
  • PXL_20210921_213140859.jpg
    PXL_20210921_213140859.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 31
  • PXL_20210921_222416488.jpg
    PXL_20210921_222416488.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 28
  • PXL_20210921_222511392.jpg
    PXL_20210921_222511392.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 30
Congratulations, that's quite a find! If you are going to use those parts you're going to have to find a grill or two to get the rest of the parts you need. Even if you can find what you need from members here the shipping costs will be far more than finding whole grills on Facebook, craigslist, or offer up to get parts from. A lot of the parts you need just aren't available any other way. Keep us posted, and others will be along with their advice.

Hi everyone,

First post here, long time Weber fan though! I have been using (and still have) a Weber Stainless Steel Performer and have had other kettles, Genesis Silver B models in the past. In looking for a new to me Genesis, I settled on wanting a blue lid and I came across someone selling a new old stock 13 bar cook box, blue lid and manifold.

I like the idea of building these parts in to a custom Genesis 2000, with two folding tables. I understand that everything needed to complete it is getting hard to come by. I'm not in a hurry to finish it though and can weld a frame together if needed too. But for the other parts, would it be best to find a donor grill? I hate to break up a grill someone would otherwise use or restore though. Does anyone here have parts that they would be willing sell? It seems like the grease tray, tank mount assembly and the control panel would be the hardest to source.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Rob
Welcome, and nice find. I'd watch the used market for donor grills. There are a few out here that are in fair shape but shipping would be really expensive.

for example, here's two I posted in this thread.

You may not be able to collect everything you want BUT I think you can scrounge a nice looking/working grill together in short order. There are plenty of donors out there

Welcome Rob! Love the blue lid! If I could pick one lid color other than what I have it would be blue. As others have said look for a donor grill or two to help complete the build. Good luck and send pictures with the progress.

Welcome to the forum Rob. I agree with the above. I would try to find parts locally from donor grills. If it comes down to one or two parts to complete the grill, then maybe reach out to the forum. Shipping things like control panels and grease trays can get pretty pricey to ship even if someone is willing to let them go.

Back