Weber Genesis 1100 side table problem

Russ Enedy

Hi folks, thanks for all the invaluable info over the years. You have been a huge resource in helping me hopefully bring one of these beautiful grills back to life.

I have a rusted-out donor 2000 and a much nicer 1100 that I have been combining into a franken grill. I salvaged the swing-up table slats from one grill (crazy how durable they are, see attached photo, this was the same wood!) and fabricated new slats for the side table. I refinished the z-bars and started re-assembly when I ran into the problem below. I tried switching the orientation of the bracket circled in red and it did not help. the dimensions of the two grill frames are the same, so I'm not sure what I'm missing or how i could be so off when it comes to the table sitting level. I re-used the slats existing screw holes, and the distance between brackets seems pretty uniform when I compare mine to other pictures on here. I'm not opposed to drilling new screw holes if it's that simple of a fix, just wanted to check on here first to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious.
IMG-6112.jpgIMG-6113.jpgIMG-6176.jpgIMG-6177.jpg

You might try simply flipping the bracket 180 degrees and see if that is the correct placement.

I think Bruce is right. In the picture of the original assembly the bracket is flipped the other way. In other words, the bump in the bracket for the rod faces the free end of the table. In your new assembly, it's the other way. Dan's example shows the bracket the way you have it but the screws are in a different location. But Dan's is a newer grill (I think).

So, as Bruce suggested, maybe a simple fix - take out the screws, flip the bracket around (stay rod will go into either end), and put screws back in same holes.

Back