Weber Gas Grills Structural Modifications & Upgrades

Mikey B.

TVWBB Member
Since becoming a Weber-head just a few short weeks ago I'm full of ideas for mods and upgrades for my Weber gas grills. I'm not talking about electronic controls but about simple mods to the mechanical design.

I'll get the ball rolling with one idea to show you what I'm talking about, a slide-in leg extension to replace the casters which I think are basically worthless.

Has anyone modded their gas grill with upgrades/additions of their own design? No matter how minor or insignificant you think they are, please post up pics if you have them. Thanks!

Last edited:
Mikey:
I added a sideburner to my 2007 Genesis (side controls) E-310 making it an E-320. The grill was original LP, but I changed out manifolds to make it NG. To add the sideburner, I bought the parts used from Billerica and used brass fittings to tee it into the supply line. Also just bought an identical grill to upgrade mine from black to blue. I now have backup-parts for down the road. Rust not an issue here unlike when I lived in Rhode Island on the coast. Only other mod. one might make would to convert the battery powered igniter instead usuing an older style push button. I also added a Smokemiester attachment to the firebox to smoke using pellets. That has had varied success. Have a Kelly's RB and onion rings for me!

Mikey:
I added a sideburner to my 2007 Genesis (side controls) E-310 making it an E-320. The grill was original LP, but I changed out manifolds to make it NG. To add the sideburner, I bought the parts used from Billerica and used brass fittings to tee it into the supply line. Also just bought an identical grill to upgrade mine from black to blue. I now have backup-parts for down the road. Rust not an issue here unlike when I lived in Rhode Island on the coast. Only other mod. one might make would to convert the battery powered igniter instead usuing an older style push button. I also added a Smokemiester attachment to the firebox to smoke using pellets. That has had varied success. Have a Kelly's RB and onion rings for me!

Awesome thanks. This forum needs a "like" button. :)

Jeff:
I hear that! On the to-do list for our next trip back in the Spring of 2020, especially since Hilltop Steakhouse is gone..... We've hit 3 Kelly's locations over the years. Revere Beach, Saugus and the one in the furniture store off Rt. 9.

Back