Weber E-210, Home Depot Special or Regular

Benji Whitehead

TVWBB Member
We need a new small gas grill for my patio. I've got a kettle and WSM for grilling and smoking but we like having a quicker option so I had a 2-burner Lowes brand Master Forge for a few years before it rusted out. I'm 99% sure I want an E-210 to replace the Master Forge. I like the 2-burner size - just me and the wife, not kids or friends :( I like the fold down side tables, too so no E-310.

Is the Home Depot version with the "Gourmet BBQ System" any better/worse than the regular. The pro I see is the little cast iron skillet, but I already have one I could take out and use on the grill anyway. The con is the hanging front door vs. swinging front door of the regular version. We won't use the pizza stone or wok. The chicken cooker looks neat but eh?

Any other 2-burner grill in that range I should look at?

Thanks!

I looked into the E-210 at Home Depot last year. Didn't care for the flimsy feel of the made in China Spirit's lid compared to the much more solid made in USA Genesis line. Also didn't care for the custom lower door on the Home Depot version. It's a black metal lattice checkerboard, as opposed to the solid doors sold elsewhere, so you're going to see the white LP can through it. But go check one out in person and see what you think for yourself.

I've also heard that they use lower quality parts and thinner metal on the Hone Depot version so they can offer the Gourmet BBQ system at the same price. I don't know if it true or not...

Was looking at the grill too. Also just my wife and myself, and very rarely have someone over, so don't need a huge grill, although I have a large covered deck with more than enough space, just not sure I need anything more than a 2-burner grill.

Might want to check out one of the larger models in the Q series. Nice tables, shelves that fold, cast iron grate, very fuel efficient, and can cook for 2-4 people well.

Don't let a smaller size lure you in. You may find a small 2 burner not up to what you're hoping for. However if $$$ is not an objection and you want a true made in USA very high quality product look into the BroilMaster line (not to be confused with BroilKing). http://www.broilmaster.com/bm/ these things are truly built like tanks and they are the most versatile and high performance product in this size I've ever seen. Cheap? No. But they do cook and they are easy to maintain and I promise you they'll never rust out. Plus unlike Weber you can get any maintenance parts you need for them going all the way back into the 60's

I have the 210, and love it. It gets good and hot for burgers and the like, and it holds a steady 350 when I want to bake bread. The small size and folding sides were a selling point for me. I got mine assembled and waxed every part before I put it together, and it's always under cover, so weathering isn't a worry. I've pumped out a lot of things on my 210, and it's never let me down, and more than a few times I've pushed her past what she's been designed for.
I've made everything from chicken to chili, sides to salmon, and not once have I thought I wish I got something more substantial. Not saying it's the do all of gassers, but she's a well rounded grill that's made me and my wife very happy. One thing for sure that your going to love is the small footprint when storing her. One thing you're going to hate is that new grate thing on the front. Mine has the door, my brother has the grate, and I feel the door is ten fold better. But he's gotten use to taking the grate on and off to turn off the gas, and it doesn't bother him in the least. He has the fancy grill surface, and says it's more of a novelty on the 210 because the burner isn't directly under the opening like the 310, but it's cool and he does use the skillet a lot.

Just my two cents worth, after using it for a few years.

I have the 210, and love it. It gets good and hot for burgers and the like, and it holds a steady 350 when I want to bake bread. The small size and folding sides were a selling point for me. I got mine assembled and waxed every part before I put it together, and it's always under cover, so weathering isn't a worry. I've pumped out a lot of things on my 210, and it's never let me down, and more than a few times I've pushed her past what she's been designed for.
I've made everything from chicken to chili, sides to salmon, and not once have I thought I wish I got something more substantial. Not saying it's the do all of gassers, but she's a well rounded grill that's made me and my wife very happy. One thing for sure that your going to love is the small footprint when storing her. One thing you're going to hate is that new grate thing on the front. Mine has the door, my brother has the grate, and I feel the door is ten fold better. But he's gotten use to taking the grate on and off to turn off the gas, and it doesn't bother him in the least. He has the fancy grill surface, and says it's more of a novelty on the 210 because the burner isn't directly under the opening like the 310, but it's cool and he does use the skillet a lot.

Just my two cents worth, after using it for a few years.

Thanks!! I've got a large Weber kettle and WSM for big grill jobs or smoking. I'm really just wanting a good solid 2-burner to grill up small meals quickly on my porch.

Back