Weber Chimney

Paul K

TVWBB Guru
Bought myself a Weber chimney along with the Borner slicer Keri had mentioned. Free shipping from Amazon.com! For those of you still using brand X, you've got to switch over to Weber. My old chimney is about 30% smaller and there's no comparison on the speed of firing up the coals. The Weber is turbo charged compared to the old one! It must be the additional vents on the sides.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

One comment on the Weber Chimney - I removed and inverted the wire grid on the bottom, Fill the cone which now points down and thats enough lit charcoal to start.

We couldn't do it with my old Weber chimney - too tight a fit, so I told a gent at the hardware store that I would buy a new chimney if he would invert the cone for me. Done! And it works great. So now I have 2 chimneys when I need both.
icon_smile.gif

Thanks Rich!

I can see you opening the door to some salesman with a weed burner in your hand. I see it as a safety device, and you don't have to register it either.
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by K_Jordan:
Here is a dumb question...

What is a weedburner? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I googled and came up with this. I assume this is Keri's tool of choice for creme brulee.

red_dragon.jpg

Indeed.
icon_biggrin.gif

I can light the top of a ring full of charcoal for MM in about 1 minute. I can light a full ring for a hot chicken cook in about 2-3 at the most.

Not the best for roasting marshmallows, though...
icon_rolleyes.gif

Keri C, still smokin' on Tulsa Time

Awwww, no action pics?
icon_smile.gif

The third pic down in the link here shows a friend of mine using his. Yeah, I gave him a hard time about having the tank in the van as he was firing it up. At least he's using a Weber.
icon_biggrin.gif
No, I'm not one of the guys in the picture. I wasn't invited to the game.
icon_frown.gif
However, the guy with the flame-thrower and the guy in the 54 jersey have offered to be on my team if I compete this year.
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keri C:
This is where we got ours, at the local store.

91033.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back