Weber Charcoal Pizza Oven

D Mace

Last week I bought one of the new Charcoal Pizza Oven accessories for my One Touch Premium.

http://www.weberbbq.co.uk/product/weber-original-charcoal-pizza-oven/

I was impatient to try it out so had a first go with it on Easter Monday, April 1st.

The conditions were far from ideal, it was very cold and there was a fierce, freezing wind blowing, not what you want when very high temperatures are required. I followed the instructions and let it warm up for 15 minutes after putting the oven on top of the lit charcoal (a full chimney starter of briquettes), but in the conditions that wasn't enough time, so the first pizza didn't work so well. However by the time I cooked the second and third it was working a treat, producing delicious pizzas with what I thought was an excellent, authentic crust - risen nice and unevenly in the "proper" way, and just the right balance of crispyness and chewability - Lovely!

No photos I'm afraid, would have been too cold to hold the camera! Next time I hope to have the patience to wait for a warmer day, I'm also going to try using the new Weber "Steakhouse Restaurant Charcoal" which they say burns at a very high temperature - should be just the job for this particular application.

Best regards
David Mace

thanks a lot rubbing it in. we don't get stuff like that in the u.s. . seems weber considers us folks in america not worthy.
either that or they consider us to inventive and we just make our own setups. i made up a system of bricks that works rather well.
glad it worked out for you.

I just discovered this product and I'm hopeful it'll make it's way into the US. It looks like it was designed in the UK and is a relatively new product

It was supposed to hit the market here in Europe last year, but it was delayed. Nice to know it's finally here!

Now, where did I put that old piggybank.,.

Edit- it costs a few dollars short of USD 300!

Last edited:
That looks incredible! I'm going to break in my KettlePizza tomorrow. It looks like the Weber one would use less fuel than I expect to burn getting the KettlePizza up to pizza blistering temperatures.

This looks like an accessory that many here in the US will be very interested in. The price tag might need a little work to boost sales but the functionality and efficiency looks far superior to the kettlepizza mentioned above. If you consider other outdoor pizza oven options on the US market though, the price doesn't seem bad at all...

Wow, that looks like it keeps the heat down on the pizza where it belongs! Of course, we in the States get the shaft, AGAIN! :mad:

guys don't worry about the prices - in the UK we have to pay nearly £400 for a Performer - that's US $600....Amazon lists a performer at $400 and I guess you can get them cheaper?

N.B. European prices usually INCLUDES the sales tax, and it's high, about 19-25% depending on country. If you are considering ordering something from Europe you should try to ask/look for a company that does not charge you sales tax, when ordering outside the EU. (I.E. If the sales tax is 25%, that equals 20% off, on all listed prices.)

Last edited:
Yeah I got the KettlePizza too and had to add firebricks all around and on top to really make it into more of an oven... problem is, that's quite a bit of work so you are better off almost "dedicating" a kettle to do just that because the setup/takedown takes awhile lol

Agree that this looks like it would consume less fuel than KettlePizza - just out of curiousity David, how hot did it get when you were cooking the second pizza?

Yeah I got the KettlePizza too and had to add firebricks all around and on top to really make it into more of an oven... problem is, that's quite a bit of work so you are better off almost "dedicating" a kettle to do just that because the setup/takedown takes awhile lol

Agree that this looks like it would consume less fuel than KettlePizza - just out of curiousity David, how hot did it get when you were cooking the second pizza?

I use a standard 22 inch kettle but added a piece of sheet metal inside the lid to bring the ceilng down about 4 inches. I also use a 1/4 to 3/8 18 inch circular steel plate instead of a stone. I raise the plate by placing it on a flower pot base. I'm still tweaking but can get the plate temp up close to 600 which is a nice temp for pizzas.

There's another discusion in the Grilling forum

I saw a review of the Weber pizza oven over in on pizzamaking.com forum. It was interesting but not entirely successful according to the one thread. Part of the reason it may not be for sale here yet is that Americans are pretty critical when it comes to their pizza. That said, I'd still love to try it out!

I just bought a £15 pizza stone which works fine for, throw on a full lit chimney of lumpwood leave all the vents open and the lid on for about 15 mins and I can get a dome temp reading of around 500 degrees and my pizzas cook in under 10 mins

For pizza on a grill, that is a pretty good numbers. Pop a couple of 1 inch sticks of hardwood and you'll likely kick the temps up quite a bit more and the cooking time down some. I love pizza stones, have two of them here in the Philippines which I got sent over from the States. That said, it seems that using steel is now coming to be more popular since steel radiates heat even faster than the stones. Great for the underside of the crust, not sure if the toppings will keep up. Post a photo if you have a chance, Damian. I'd love to see your unit!

Best Day ever!! I walked into an Ace Hardware here in Wisconsin and they had just put 4 out on display. I picked one up for $150 and plan to break it in on Memorial Day. Although, I am not sure if they are typically selling in the US yet. The shipping label was to the Ace, but might have come out of Holland. Regardless, I am excited to see how the Weber Pizza Oven performs.

Best Day ever!! I walked into an Ace Hardware here in Wisconsin and they had just put 4 out on display. I picked one up for $150 and plan to break it in on Memorial Day. Although, I am not sure if they are typically selling in the US yet. The shipping label was to the Ace, but might have come out of Holland. Regardless, I am excited to see how the Weber Pizza Oven performs.

What Ace? There are enough of us in southern Wisconsin to buy 10 times that amount.

What Ace? There are enough of us in southern Wisconsin to buy 10 times that amount.

6 in stock at Brookfield Elliot's Ace on Watertown Plank Rd & Mooreland. What's weird is that I called Weber customer service and the lady confirmed that this is a Euro specific accessory that is not available for sale in the US market. Not sure how this store managed to get 6.

I spoke with the management of Elliot's Ace Hardware today. They said that their store is being used as a test market for the Weber Pizza Oven. I also contacted Weber to check on additional test markets around the country, but have not heard back from them at this point. Hopefully, the test will be a success and the Weber Charcoal Pizza Oven will be available in the US in the near future.

Yep, Brookfield Elliot's is where I picked mine up at. They only had 2 left on Wednesday when I was there last (One was open on display). The Pizza Oven specific display held 4, so maybe they got in another 4 or had more in the back. That's great if they are selling them quickly. Shows there is definite interest here in the US.

Have any of you picked one up yet, here in the US?

I used it again on Memorial Day, and it was great. I made more of a ring of Charcoal instead of laying out flat and the heat transfered much better. I also dropped some Oak Chunks through the vents and got the upper temps to rise even more. I was cooking fresh pizzas in about 6 minutes each. The dough cooked nicly and the toppings were done in the same amout of time. After about an hour, I added a few more Oak Chunks through the vents and kept the Pizzas coming. All in All, I am very pleased with the Weber Pizza Oven and have no complaints.

Last edited:

Back