Weber 26 inch kettle (size compare to my 22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

If only Weber would offer a 26" in a Performer model, (in color's of course), man I'd be first in line. Great Grate shot.

Originally posted by Timothy Hoffman:
I'd be right behind you in that line Mac!

I'm right there with you guys. I know we've probably talked about this before, but I periodically tell Weber this.

Stuart, congratulations man. You are going to LOVE this grill. I got one for Christmas and don't know how I got along without it.

I think the larger 26" grill will only be "better" if you have a need to cook larger quantities of food. I have a desire for an 18" kettle as I find the 22.5 performer I currently own to be a bit large / hard on fuel for everyday cooking meals for a family of 3.

Glenn.

Most of the time, it's just me, my wife, and my 7 year old, though I prefer to cook extra for leftovers. Also, I prefer to cook "indirect" with a basket of charcoal on either side. With the 22, I was constantly fighting for space.

I just got off the phone with Weber customer service, these pictures made me realize they forgot one of the "slide aside cover rollers" (the grey plastic piece the lid rolls on), and asked about a 26 inch Performer. She just giggled and said, "wouldn't that be great, wouldn't that be great".

Observations so far: This thing is big and heavy. The lid is much heavier then the 22. Miss the stability of a table/cart. The cooking level is about 3 inches "taller" than on my Platinum. Though I still wish it was about 3 more iches higher. (I'm about 6 foot)

I agree. Would be nice if it had a cart and was a dad higher.

One thing that does make me a little nervous about the height and size is that when I put the lid on my shirt tail is right next to the fire. I would build the fire. I don't think it will ever be an issue but it does make me nervous. I'll just be sure to tuck my shirt in.
icon_wink.gif

As much as I like colors, one thing I really like about the black is that you can't see the grime and sometimes that water leaks down on colors and is hard to remove. For an everyday cooker I like the black. I love the 26er.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back