Weber 220000 Question

I have a red weber 220000 grill, weber says they have the parts I need but no one seems to know what the white disk is on top of the brass valve, they have the burner set and knobs, the new ones have steel ends, mine had what looks like plastic, is the white disk for heat under the knob??? Thanks

I believe you're talking about that rubber circle that fits over the valve stem on the manifold. I'm pretty sure it's just to keep water off of the valve. If weber can't identify it as a part they have( I've never seen them advertised anywhere separately) you can just make one out of some suitable scrap material. Nobody is ever going to see it so it doesn't have to be pretty.

I think Steve is correct. They are more gray than white, I think. But they are just to keep the water and grease and other crap from running down the valve stem and into the valve.

I had a fire under the control knob, the middle burner had a crack and I guess thats what caused the blow back, I have take everything apart and have given it a good cleaning , waiting for the parts from Weber , here is a photo of the old parts with the disc

Attachments

• IMG_0872.jpg
    IMG_0872.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 18
Yep, I thought that's what you were talking about. You have the real old burner style with the plastic spider guards on the ends. It was probably time for a new set anyway. You're right, just take it all apart and clean everything up and put it back together. Now is a good time to clean out the firebox and drip tray, maybe even the flavorizer bars. As for that rubber disc, just find something to make a new one out of or leave it the way it is.

Christopher, the new burners you buy should have spider screens built in so you will not need those plastic ones, one of which looks like it burned up anyway.

Thanks guys, the plastic spider guard burned up, I have taken the whole unit apart , cleand alll remaining parts and am waiting for my delivery from Weber, thanks for all the great info and help, Chris

Back