Weber 22.5" vs Stok grill from Home Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brandon (Carlisle, PA):
I think u made the right choice Brian! I have owned a few different grills thus far in my life... And have come to the conclusion that all the "extras" u get with all those cheap grills is just more "junk" to throw out in a year or two when the fall apart before ur eyes
icon_wink.gif
I have never been a happier griller than I am now that I have moved onto weber! And, so far I have converted 3 others to go from the cheap gassers to very cost effective weber charcoals... They have all thanked me with a full tummy of yummy food! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, at the risk of being "flamed" (does anyone ever use THAT term now, or am I showing my age ???), I'll defend the Stok...I didn't buy the Performer "wanna-be", but I did buy the Stok gasser...

Yes...Weber makes awesome products...yes, I'd never give up my existing Weber grills...they are superb pieces of equipment...no, I don't work for Home Depot
icon_smile.gif

I bought the $299 Stok gasser, and so far, I'm happy with it. It does the basic stuff a gas grill is supposed to do, and is by far a better replacement for my $99 Brinkman gasser. I haven't yet fiddled with the inserts except the grill basket, but the cheesy cast iron grates make my food look good !

Yeah, it's not built as well as a Weber gasser, and yeah, it probably won't last as long, but I'm having fun with it, and that's the point of cooking outside, right ?

Last weekend, on a spur-of-the-moment deal, I made Kevin's Gyro Meat Recipe again...it turned out great, even though I made no attempt to monitor lid and grate temps, or fuss over it (I DID use a probe for internal temp)

Anyway, the beauty of this Board is that we all use a lot of different "hardware", yet, with the techniques and the recipes shared by the knowledgeable folks here, we produce edible stuff that makes people say "WOW !!! That's pretty darn tasty !"
icon_biggrin.gif

Dean...

I bought the STOK Charcoal Grill for $49 at HD last month and now use the cast iron grate, thermometer, pizza stone, on my 22.5 Weber and now use the STOK kettle and lid for a ghetto fire pit.

The STOK CI grates are decent I have used 5 times and did drum sticks that were much easier becasue I think my fire was in the middle of the kettle vs. the sides. I have always had to watch when cooking drun sticks but this time was different.

Not sure if it has to do with the fire being in the center or maybe snow outside. I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back