Weber 200 (circa 2013) Lower frame/cabinet rusted out --- Alternate frame?

Weber 200 (circa 2013) Lower frame/cabinet rusted out --- Alternate frame?​

I have already replaced the frame/cabinet once before under warranty. It is probably no longer available from Weber, but given it rusts out I would not replace it anyways. The grill itself is in great shape with new burners, bars, grillgrates. Has anyone build a wooden frame or used a cart adapted as a frame? I plan to donate the grill to someone who does not have one.

Weber 200 (circa 2013) Lower frame/cabinet rusted out --- Alternate frame?​

I have already replaced the frame/cabinet once before under warranty. It is probably no longer available from Weber, but given it rusts out I would not replace it anyways. The grill itself is in great shape with new burners, bars, grillgrates. Has anyone build a wooden frame or used a cart adapted as a frame? I plan to donate the grill to someone who does not have one.
Hi Mike, assuming the grill is like the photo it would be a lot of work to build a frame for your grill. The lower cabinet is basically bent sheet metal. If the 3 sides are still structurally sound you could remove the rotten bottom base and replace it with a wooden or metal plate with casters.

If the sides are rotten it would be hard to rebuild as your grill is frameless.

You might be better off with an older Weber Genesis or Spirit with a frame as they are easy to rebuild and parts are available.

If you do rebuild the Spirit 200 please post some photos on how you did it.

Thank you

Hi Mike, assuming the grill is like the photo it would be a lot of work to build a frame for your grill. The lower cabinet is basically bent sheet metal. If the 3 sides are still structurally sound you could remove the rotten bottom base and replace it with a wooden or metal plate with casters.

If the sides are rotten it would be hard to rebuild as your grill is frameless.

You might be better off with an older Weber Genesis or Spirit with a frame as they are easy to rebuild and parts are available.

If you do rebuild the Spirit 200 please post some photos on how you did it.

Thank you
1698539927106.jpeg

Yes, it is a two burner, just like the photo. It did rust out where the sides meet the base. I thought about a new piece for the base, but the sides are rusted at the base pretty bad. If I work something out, I will post. Thanks.

If your sides and bottom are all bad, I don't think there is likely to be a cost-effective way to fix one of those Spirits. I think you would be better off looking for another grill. A classic, open cart Genesis comes to mind!

You might well be able to clean up and resell some of the newer parts.

Back