Weber 18 1/2 inch ash catcher

StanKM

Please forgive me if this has been asked before.
Does Weber sell the 18 1/2 inch ash catcher as an upgrade only or is it available on any charcoal grills from the get go ?

Last edited:
As I recall, I had to get mine through a non Weber source, they refused to sell me one as an “upgrade” when I requested one.
no explanation a simple “No, We won’t do that!” Was their response. Easy enough to find one eBay worked for me, I little pricey I think but, I needed to do the upgrade for the “Overperformer“

Part number: 65131
Weber's description of Product Name on my invoice: "Ash catcher assembly, 18.5" One-Touch Gold '15"

Link to Weber: https://www.weber.com/US/en/parts--...t-parts/charcoal-parts/ash-catcher/65131.html

I was able to get the ash catcher direct from Weber a few years ago while I was ordering other parts for another kettle. Availability may depend on which representative you speak to. I suppose it was a part for 2015 One-Touch Gold 18" Kettle. Luckily, I just happened catch a 30% off sale on parts/accessories so it cost $30.99 at the time. Not sure when or if they do those sales anymore.

My ash catcher is the newer squeeze handle to release style . Rare but I've also seen older 18" Kettles pop up on FBM from time to time with the older twist release style of Ash Catcher. Not sure what year they are.

I put mine on a Black 18" Kettle for years then transferred it to a Copper 18". It is definitely really good feature to use.

BLACK 18 in Kettle with Ash Catcher Mod.jpg COPPER 18 in Kettle with Ash Catcher Mod.jpg

Last edited:

Back