Weber 1000 NG to LP

JohnS NJ

TVWBB Fan
Might be getting my hands on a Weber 3000. It currently NG but I do have the LP manifold of the exact same model. Is it as simple as a plug and play? Or can I just swap out adapter if the orifices are the same. Appreciate the help.

Plug and play. Just switch manifolds and hook it up to a propane tank. Done deal.

Plug and play. Just switch manifolds and hook it up to a propane tank. Done deal.
thanks. But what about the line that's going into the side burner. Can I use the existing one from the side burner and connect it to the LP manifold?

Oh, dang. I didn't catch that on the "side burner" being on a 3000. Yes you could just connect it, but the gas flow won't be right. You either need to change out the whole valve or possibly you could just change the orifice. I think they are the same orifices as on a the main manifold, but you should do some research if there isn't something more that would be required. Larry Michaels could give you some insight there.

Never had a side burner. Likely never will use it. However, it's good knowledge to at least know. With that being said, if I were to remove the side burner and plug the manifold, what could I use? I do have a spare LP hose I can plug it but it would just look weird.

No, there are plugs. I am sure I have one, but you should be able to get one at most hardware stores. It would be a 1/8" male NPT, I believe.
If you need me to send one, let me know.
manifold.jpg

Last edited:
I"ll just make a run to the local hardware. Figured I pick up some SS screws and bolts. Wasn't there a thread somewhere of someone posting all the hardware sizes for a resto?

It's a total plug and play operation. BTW not all manifolds have the tap in place for a side burner. I don't know why. Perhaps because Weber quit selling it (the side burner) as an accessory to be purchased later.

This one has a side burner which I'm likely going to put a durawood table in it's place. But maybe i'll keep it and see if it changes my grilling experience. Thanks for the insight.

Cool, and does the valve have anything to with the side burner? Is it just an orifice swap or would have to get a whole new valve?

IIRC (it's been a while LOL and I am getting old) the side burner valve is a continuous one much like a kitchen range. So really only an orifice swap is needed

Back