Weber 1000-5000 redhead

Horace P

TVWBB Member
I am looking for a grease drip pan or bottom clean out pan, (different names for it) Measures 19.5 x 13.5. I am working on another read weber 1000-5000 series and can not find a bottom pan. Also looking for the slide bar for the flip up table. I have done several of these but it is getting harder to find parts. Thank you.

I need just the drip pan also. 1988 Genesis. Can find the rails which need replacing also, but not the pan.
should I make one?

I need just the drip pan also. 1988 Genesis. Can find the rails which need replacing also, but not the pan.
should I make one?
I am thinking the same thing. Just not sure how to make. I do have the older one, it is rusted and full of holes. Wondering if I should just lay pieces of sheet metal and self drilling screws through it...Not sure. Any one have any suggestions.

How different are the later drip pans? I'm wondering if it wouldn't be easier to adapt the rails to a later drip pan.

Probably pretty tough to adapt the rails. The newer ones (Silver B) are smaller.

I am happy to say I found a family friend who may have a line on old parts. Hoping to get an answer in a couple weeks about getting a replacement tray. Also discovered mine may be the first 3 burner model Weber made back when these were a new idea.

Attachments

• Weber before.jpg
    Weber before.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 41
I've never seen the rotisserie mount on the control panel side like that before. All the ones I've seen are bolted on the other side/table side, and not stuck to the side of the firebox like that.

Ed, the propane fuel gauge and the plastic surrounding the igniter button suggest it's a little newer than first gen. unless this is a hybrid

Serial number L3 120580 It was gifted to me in 1996 without a rotisserie. I purchased and mounted it that way due to where the power came from.

I've never seen the rotisserie mount on the control panel side like that before. All the ones I've seen are bolted on the other side/table side, and not stuck to the side of the firebox like that.
Some people follow the instructions and some do not LOL

How different are the later drip pans? I'm wondering if it wouldn't be easier to adapt the rails to a later drip pan.
I looked into that, doesn't look feasible. I went over to grillparts.com the other day and talked to them. Weber stopped making them and they are currently having another company maybe try to manufacture one.

Back