Way to Go Nickel City Smokers!!!

Thanks again everybody!

I just picked up my brisket for this weekend. Let's cross our fingers for another good showing.

we weren't so lucky this weekend. I made one intentional change, and one unintentional change to the brisket and scored a 163 which was good for 8th amongst a much tougher field than last week.

We got killed in our other three categories, which was pretty depressing. Its funny how, just when you get some confidence, you get smacked down hard. Each time I follow up some success with better turn-ins, they do worse.

back to the drawing board...

Sorry to hear the comp didn't turn out as you had hoped. When and where's the next one?

our next scheduled is in late September, but my wife was suggesting that maybe her and I could try doing one in July. It was kind of ironic, because after this last contest, I was thinking I needed to take some time off from competitions, and she wants to go back at it.

Btw, I turned in my ribs with a glaze that included currant jelly. I was hoping they would have done better and I could have given you some credit. I really liked the currant. Of all the jellies I've tried, it matches my sauce the best.

IMG_1163.JPG

Back