Water pans?

So I forgot to add water pans and the bottom of my ribs on the lower rack got a little more charred than I like for ribs (275f). I bought 2 of the Weber ones for my EX4, but honestly for $50 I don't see where the money is....

What pans do you guys use? I am assuming something shallow to sit right on top of the flavorizer bars would be fine

IF I'm using the lower cooking grate I put shallow disposable pans on the flavorizer bars. My EX6 has a custom 14" top grate and I got it to do most of my cooking up there. I use disposable aluminum pans sitting on the lower cooking grate. Some folks use cookie pans sitting on the flavorizer bars in their grills. It all works.5-8-22 Mothers Day Ham.jpg

So I forgot to add water pans and the bottom of my ribs on the lower rack got a little more charred than I like for ribs (275f). I bought 2 of the Weber ones for my EX4, but honestly for $50 I don't see where the money is....

What pans do you guys use? I am assuming something shallow to sit right on top of the flavorizer bars would be fine
I'm using the following stainless steel pan - it fits on the flavorizer bars: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07NVQ25WP/

Back