Water pan liners....Hmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Jocsak

TVWBB Member
With all this talk about lining the water/sand pan with foil, pizza pans, I would think there was a great need for preformed liners for these pans. I'm surprised Weber has not come up with this idea, cheap throw-away liners.

Brinkman sell water pan liners for their water pan. It would probably work in the Brinkman charcoal pan that some of us use as our water pan. But I do not know this for sure, just guessing.

By my calculation, it costs just under 5 cents to line the inside of the standard pan with Reynolds wide heavy-duty foil when purchased from Sam's in the 300 ft. twin pack. Works OK for me.

Using the prices from the link that Tony supplied, the Brinkman liners are almost $1.50 a piece. That's a little more than Doug's 5 cents.

But the Brinkman site has never been the lowest priced place. Did you see the price for the charcoal pan?

Any way... If anybody wants them, they are out in the retail market.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug D:
By my calculation, it costs just under 5 cents to line the inside of the standard pan with Reynolds wide heavy-duty foil when purchased from Sam's in the 300 ft. twin pack. Works OK for me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That maybe true but in my experience the foil always rips somewhere and have a mess to deal with later.

The key words are wide and heavy-duty on the foil. Wide HD foil is perfect for the standard pan because, if you tear off roughly a square or little larger piece, it's perfect for lining the inside. Lay the piece on the pan and approximately center it. Press down on the middle, maintaining the centered position. Smoothe the foil from the center outwards, and it should just overlap the edge of the pan by about 3/8" along the straight edges of the foil. Crumple the four points of the foil that protrude over the edges to provide stabilizing cushions for the pan to rest on each of the four flanges.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug D:
The key words are _wide_ and _heavy-duty_ on the foil. Wide HD foil is perfect for the standard pan because, if you tear off roughly a square or little larger piece, it's perfect for lining the inside. Lay the piece on the pan and approximately center it. Press down on the middle, maintaining the centered position. Smoothe the foil from the center outwards, and it should just overlap the edge of the pan by about 3/8" along the straight edges of the foil. Crumple the four points of the foil that protrude over the edges to provide stabilizing cushions for the pan to rest on each of the four flanges. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, I do just what you described, but, it always seems to rip for me, I guess I'm "foil challenged".

I don't know why I didn't think of this before but, I took the foil and shaped it on the bottom of the pan (I guess I made a liner) and then it fit perfectly without any rips. I'm stressed________Time for another beer.
icon_biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back