water pan clean-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark M

I have a heck of a time keeping my water pan clean; I use the Brinkman pan because it is bigger. I tried lining with alumn foil, but the liquid still seems to get under the foil. Is sand the best way to go.

thanks, Mark

Mark....

Why do you need to keep it clean? Yes, water will still get under the foil if you use the regular width stuff. But, it should retain most of the fats that accumulate....they have a tendency to stick to the foil as the water dries up.

One solution is to use the Heavy Duty which comes in an extra wide variety. This extra width covers the pan completely.

OR

You can use sand. I switched primarily for the clean up..especially when cooking offsite.

Stogie's right...the extra wide heavy duty is what I use. But I double layer mine. Be careful there's no bumpy bits on the inside of the bowl, they can puncture the foil. Use enough foil to bend around the edges so that is doesn't slip.

This morning I pulled my top layer of foil off and the second was clean as a whistle. Now just another layer on top and I'm ready to go again!

Sand reduces the cleanup and works well. I just got a GURU and it does not require water or sand, just a couple of crumpled balls of foil covered by one layer of heavy duty foil. After the cook, there was NO CLEANUP, I just tossed out the foil! The GURU was worth the $$ just not to have to deal with the water pan issues.

Okay, I need to know why the pan needs to be clean? How clean are people wanting it to be? I simply spray mine with a little cleaner and hose it off, which in my experience is far easier than foiling. Anything will instantly cut through the grease, and I can't see that the baked on hard stuff causes any problems...

I'm just not sure why the bowl need to be so clean, but the rest of the inside doesn't (except for the cooking grate obviously).

Sean

I've never seen the need or advantage to using foil when I use water. I spray the lip of the pan and down a little where the water might not reach to avoid the grease burning on the pan. Once you dump the water out it's pretty easy to squirt in some Dawn etc, grab a sponge and it washes easily. You can use a lot of heavy duty foil on the Brinkman pan and it's not cheap.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back