Water in the fire pan section

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I leave my grills and smokers outside and uncovered. After a series of rains I went out to cook on the WSM, only to find the bottom filled with water. After looking at the design of the center section, it appears that it should have been turned over before the doors and rack supports were added. Am I the only one who has noticed this design flaw?
If you don't understand what I mean, turn the center section upside down when you assemble the smoker. Assemble this way the joints all overlap like flashing so the only way water could get in is if the top vent were left open.

We recently discussed this very topic. The answer is-- if it were the other way around, stuff dripping down the inside of the cooker during a cook would seep out. Better to use an umbrella when necessary than have gunk dripping out of your WSM every time you use it.

Obviously I'm not very design oriented because I didn't think of that. One thing I did begin doing was inverting the middle section when not in use. Thanks for your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back