Was the Q Line of Grills Designed for the Australian Market?

John Morton

Just curious -

While surfing the web, I notice that I find more accessory items for the Weber Q grills available in Australia than in the US. Some examples include the roasting trivet (which I really want to get for my Q320), a cookbook you can purchase, and a much better initial cookbook that I think you get when you purchase a Q. I downloaded a .pdf file copy of the last item. So, I wonder if the initial target market for the Q grills was Australia?

Oh, and I did find a 16 page cookbook that I also downloaded written by Phil Hartcher
icon_smile.gif

John
No the Q line was not specifically designed for the Aussie Market.

Glad you found my cookbook, it is designed to show you different methods of cooking on the Q.

In Australia gas grilling is the most common form of BBQ and that is why you see a lot more. The Weber Q cookbook was written by Ross McDonald who is the of R McDonald and Co who are the Australian Distributors of Weber and trade under Weber Australia.

Mate, any advice you want about cooking on the Q fire away only too happy to help. I am a power user of the Q Series and also Demonstrate cooking on them. I Just bought a RV (Motorhome) so the first addition to it was a Baby Q.
For the trivet on the 320 you can use a rack out of a stove grill or a cake cooling rack and sit it on 4 balls of aluminium foil.

In case you missed this post here is a link Cooking on the Q It explains to Susie how to grill on the Q

Cheers

When you said "the Ross Macdonald" book, I had to take a look!! The Ross Macdonald I knew wrote mystery novels here in the USA..

Back