Warming in Pyrex for 20

Steve Petrone

TVWBB Platinum Member
Pulled pork and brisket for 20 people.
2 caseroles of pp and one sliced brisket.
Is a microwave on medium best? For how long?
or
325* oven for how long?
Perhaps put two in the oven and one in the micro and rotate?

if you've got the time, I'd microwave on low (I have a 1-10 power option and do it on 2). It takes a while, but doesn't seem to sap any of the juice out of it.

I personally haven't tried the oven reheat route before. But here's a crazy idea... cover it very well and stick a probe in the middle of it all. When it gets to about 150 in the middle, it's done.

When ever I give someone a frozen bag of my BBQ, I tell them that if I hear they put it in a microwave thats the last bag the get
icon_smile.gif

I didn't spend 18+ hours processing and smoking that meat so they can take a shortcut and ruin it. put the stuff on a cookie sheet and into the oven at 250 for 45 minutes...

Jeff, I understood for those of us without a foodsaver, that nuking slowly was best. I have not heard of using a cookie sheet at 250. That probably works fine for a family of four...I need to feed 20, do you still rec. that method?
How long does it normally take if Q comes out of the frig?

I have an older crockpot that is HUGE. For pulled pork, ribs, (cut up) and chicken, I use it for reheating.

I lightly oil the crock. Put in the BBQ, and give it a spray of apple juice/water. Put on lowest heat, hopefully, for a short amount of time. Have had excellent results, and comments.

I also try to let, whatever I am reheating to sit just a bit, out of fridge, so it's not chilled to the bone, before reheating.

It's not for if you need a fast heat up. First I take the BBQ out the fridge, let it rest for half an hour or so, at room temp, then with ribs, I cut them up in one or two bone sections. You can fit more in crock that way. I'd say by two or three hours your good.

This crock is really a nice old one, that heats very slow. The last new one I bought had two heat settings, hot and burnt to a crisp. Tossed it out! If you have truly alot of food, I have also done sheet pans, foiled, on low in regular oven. I love a spray of apple/water. It tends to keep things moist without adding too much unwanted flavor.

I just used the crock method today. I did the smoke yesterday. Cut the ribs up, and heated today, for meal at someone elses. Was great.

Back