Warming drawer - Pros & Cons?

Steve, that's an interesting idea. Are you referring to a single unit that incorporates a heat lamp and a shelf to hold the food or plates? Is there a name for that?

Is there such a thing that might be enclosed, in order to keep the heat contained?

Rita

My Kitchenaid range blew the Friday before Thanksgiving. I knew I couldn't get it fixed in time, so I went the next day and bought a new Electrolux that I could get delivered immediately. It has a warming drawer, but it also functions as a second oven to 450 degrees. I've had two ranges with warming drawers and I have never used that function. This second oven I have used and it is a nice feature.

I would probably spare a warmer if I remodeled my kitchen again. I have a tendency to serve the food immediately, and my dishwasher also has a plate warming feature which I've also never used.

Rita, I was just brainstorming...

Why not a food warmer speed on a microwave? Most are compact and would help retain moisture. Takes up no additional space. Anybody heard of such. I have never used the lowest speed on a micro.

Back