Want to upgrade wheels on new Genesis e310

Ted Post

Just got a new Genesis e310 and the tiny caster wheels do not agree with my rough patio surface which is aggregate embedded in concrete. I want to replace the caster wheels with larger sold rubber wheels. I found some 4" wheels at Home Depot but the size of the pin didn't match my existing wheels. Does anyone know where I can buy wheels that are the right size to swap in?

I saw there were a couple threads on this in the past but no links to actual wheels.

Why not just go to Harbor Freight (or similar) buy some nice big casters. Drill the holes in the lower portion of the cabinet at the corners and bolt some real casters not the flimsy ones they put on there

Why not just go to Harbor Freight (or similar) buy some nice big casters. Drill the holes in the lower portion of the cabinet at the corners and bolt some real casters not the flimsy ones they put on there

The mounting plate of the casters I saw at Home Depot was way too large to fit on the foot of the grill. The foot where the current casters mount looks to be about 1" square. The larger casters needed at least 2" if not 3" square to mount. And I dont feel like making a sub-frame out of wood to sit under the grill as that would look janky. So want to find stem casters that will fit in the current mount and look close to stock.

No need to make a sub frame. Just bolt them inside the frame and directly to the "floor" of the grill. It will work just fine and be far better than a whimpy stem caster for what you need.

No need to make a sub frame. Just bolt them inside the frame and directly to the "floor" of the grill. It will work just fine and be far better than a whimpy stem caster for what you need.

Interesting idea. So I would have to drill through the floor of the grill and then bolt the wheels on?

Yep. That would be the idea. Put some paint or sealant on the bare metal and there you go. BTW if your grill will be standing on concrete for long periods of time know that moisture that evaporates off the cement will be very corrosive and rust out the bottom. So best to have some kind of mat under it

There are companies that specialize in industrial casters, Mc Master Carr, Grainger that would be of better quality than Harbor Junk.

There are companies that specialize in industrial casters, Mc Master Carr, Grainger that would be of better quality than Harbor Junk.

Yes I went to Grainger today and ordered some 5" wheels that appear to match the stem size of the OEM casters. We'll see how they fit when they come in.

Take a close look at the expensive stuff from McMaster and Grainger and such. You'll most likely find they come from the same factories in China.

I picked up a set of 5" rubber casters from Grainger. They are 100x better than the crap OEM wheels that Weber supplied.

Yes they are drop-in replacements on my 2015 genesis. Getting the weber wheels out took some elbow grease. These wheels do not lock, which is not a problem for me, but be aware of it. Grainger has other wheels that do lock.

Back