Wagyu Brisket

It is certainly hard to argue with the quality of a brisket that looks this mouth watering!
My post will be to ask opinion about brisket quality. In SC, brisket is not as widely popular as perhaps TX or other areas higher in beef consumption. Pork BBQ is the main meat group here, so brisket is not as easy to come by.
At Sam's Club, I can usually find a brisket flat, but not always. Brisket is not easily purchased in just any store, and often needs to be ordered as a special order.
I have never seen a Wagyu brisket in a meat market here, but can order one if I choose. I just wondered if there is enough difference in a Wagyu brisket and Angus briskets at Sam's that it will be a night and day difference? I know the cost of Wagyu will be much higher, so my question is....Is the difference in price and quality and waiting to come in worth it? I know this is a loaded question for all Wagyu fans, but please be as objective as possible. Thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Morrey Thomas:
It is certainly hard to argue with the quality of a brisket that looks this mouth watering!
My post will be to ask opinion about brisket quality. In SC, brisket is not as widely popular as perhaps TX or other areas higher in beef consumption. Pork BBQ is the main meat group here, so brisket is not as easy to come by.
At Sam's Club, I can usually find a brisket flat, but not always. Brisket is not easily purchased in just any store, and often needs to be ordered as a special order.
I have never seen a Wagyu brisket in a meat market here, but can order one if I choose. I just wondered if there is enough difference in a Wagyu brisket and Angus briskets at Sam's that it will be a night and day difference? I know the cost of Wagyu will be much higher, so my question is....Is the difference in price and quality and waiting to come in worth it? I know this is a loaded question for all Wagyu fans, but please be as objective as possible. Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is an ENORMOUS difference between Wagyu ANYTHING...and your typical USDA Choice variety. There's even a difference between Wagyu and the USDA PRIME. It's serious stuff. I've had the good fortune of enjoying Wagyu in a number of different cuts...and it's truly sublime stuff. To answer your last question, if you can get a USDA Prime, or a Wagyu....get the Prime. You might find it's plenty good enough. Then after you've had that, if you can wrap your head around the idea that there's something that's still even a bit better than THAT...then I say go for it.
icon_smile.gif

Back